Dogomania

Dog snacks

Aonir

I am not exaclty sure what you mean when you say "as cautious with treats as with food," but you may want to refer to this thread I started a few weeks ago for good tips and recommendations for good treats.

[url]http://forum.dogomania.com/viewtopic.php?t=7468&highlight=[/url]

IMHO - treats are not supposed to sustain your dog so their ingredients simply cannot be given as high of a priority as the ingredients in the food. Having said that, with all of the good treats available, and considering that most dogs don't know a 'good for you' treat from a 'bad' treat, there is no good reason to give unhealthy treats. Also, as the other thread touched on, if your dog is susceptible to allergies, treat ingredients become just as important as food ingredients.

I recently switched from rewarding and training with wheat-based biscuits and some random meaty treat to Wellness biscuits and baby carrots and my little guy has no idea. He still gobbles them down and looks for more. It's not like trying to convince your 10 year-old to try some celery instead of a snickers, if the dog will happily snack on either, might as well give the better one.