Dogomania

URGENT: 50 Beagle babies in NY need homes/foster/transport

alicat613

(cross -posted)

50 Beagle Puppies (12-14 weeks old) have 15 days to live. Just received the following email. PLEASE pass on to your email list. Perhaps we can find someone who knows someone who can help here. Time is limited here; please do not hesitate to get this info to everyone.

A woman just received a phone call from a dog lover named Karen Hepfner. She has been told about 50 Beagle pups between the ages of 12 weeks and 14 weeks old who were used in a "feeding study" that are no longer needed by the company that did the study. They are willing to place them but they want them gone NOW.

Karen has managed to find temporary housing/foster care for 24 of them but there are still sooooo many left. If anyone can help place these babies....who may have been born to do feeding studies so we could pamper our pets with scientifically tested dog food....please contact
Karen at: mailto:[email protected]

A Beagle rescue group is taking some but there are too many for one organization to deal with. These pups are near Binghamton, NY. Since most placements are in the immediate area it would be good to get these pups to other cities and states. There are only so many Beagle homes in the area and trying to place 50 pups in one small area isnt going to work. In case you are wondering. she has no idea who Karens contact is or the company that has these pups. No one is giving out names...even Karen isnt able to get much information. If you would like to call Karen she does have her phone number. Please email her privately and she would be happy to provide that info. at mailto:[email protected] Donna Gee [url]http://www.pup-n-stuff.com[/url]

PLEASE HELP THESE PUPS FIND HOMES. THEY NEED YOUR HELP. IF YOU CANT ADOPT PLEASE FOSTER

No, the people who are getting these pups out could only do so if they agreed not to reveal the company's name.

I would expect its one of the usual suspects...Eukanuba/Iams, Purina, Pedigree, Hills. They all test on animals in various ways and IMO have little care for the lives of animals.

OK, SOME PEOPLE HAVE RESPONDED TO MY CROSS POST, PLEASE ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS A.S.A.P.!

1 . "Nobody..."
Posted by Sarah on Aug-21-03 at 01:01 PM (EST)

will return our phone calls. Is this for real?

2 . "ugly hoax?"
Posted by mama_jenn on Aug-21-03 at 04:24 PM (EST)

I'm starting to wonder about this.
Nobody answers the phones coonected to the #'s we were able to get.
Nobody returns calls from messages left.
I have emailed.
I have called.
I'm still waiting...
People are WILLING and ABLE to help, but nobody is letting us know how to do so.

Oh no, not Beagles. Please not Beagles. :cry: One of my most fave breed and this happens! :cry:

I'm sure it was IAMS! As K pointed out, who have we seen testing on little Beagles? IAMS! I hate IAMS! They just test on the poor little Beagles and throw them out? I wish the whole company would just close down! :x

I don't know anyone in NC or anywhere near for that matter. :cry: All I can do is pray for them. I hope every single Beagle, all 50 of them find a home. Or atleast get rescued. Poor doggies! :cry: If I had been there I would have adopted and fostered atleast 12.. :cry:

It could be a hoax? No phone number and no company name? Not sure? :-?

Rowie, I've explained why there is no company name. The company is only willing to do this if it isn't revealed who they are. I think the company is getting cold feet at this point.

"The responses have been overwhelming. There is also, I believe, an issue
of the company possibly getting cold feet due to too much publicity, so
things may be on hold. I don't know. I think patience on our part for
Sue is the thing. I know everyone wants to help these pups, but I'm
sure she will contact us as soon as she needs help. Please call Sue at
(pm me for numbers, yellowlabs also has them), or email her at
[email][email protected][/email] for beagle pups rescue update. I'm not the
contact person.

Good luck,

Fran"

Not good news :cry:

"HI EVERYONE, DON'T HAVE GOOD NEWS; NOT ABLE TO GET ANY OF THE PUPPIES.
EITHER THEY GOT SPOOKED OR I MISSED THE WINDOW, THEY HAVE NOT CONTACTED ME
AT ALL. I HAVE TRIED OVER AND OVER AGAIN. I'M SICK ABOUT IT, BUT WANT TO
THANK ALL OF YOU FOR TRYING TO HELP.
IF YOU GOT THIS E-MAIL ALREADY ITS BECAUSE I'M GETTING CONFUSED WITH SO
MANY EMAILS COMING IN. THE RESPONSE WAS OVERWELMING.THANK YOU, KAREN"