Dogomania

What to feed a shih-tzu

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Our shih-tzu seems to really dislike her food. We use Nutro but I don't believe she likes it at all. Can anyone tell me what they feed theirs and also is it okay to give her some fresh food. I was just reading an article where it said that fresh food is good for shih-tzu's (they don't call it people food). I am just not sure. Any advice would be appreciated.

Don't know much about Shih-Tzu's, but one thing you could do is add warm water with the food, or maybe some yogurt?

Sorry, don't know much about Shih-Tzus! There are member's here who do though, and there are two people at the other forum [url]www.hungryhoundbakery.com/forum[/url], who have Shih-Tzu's! :D

Welcome! 8)

i'll be doing some research into that starting today...

Saxo, my male, will eat ANYTHING...

Sorsha, my female, seems to prefer chicken flavoured things...

re: people food, I have read somewhere that lots of excess fat can result in diabetes and other problems...mine always get a piece of my toast at breakfast, a few bites of chicken when we have KFC, or a few bites of hamburger from mcdonald's but it's not an everyday thing...

also, as with every breed, things like chocolate, raisins, macadamia nuts, etc. can be toxic!! raw meat can carry things like salmonella or e coli...

Sorsha has a thing for Soft Ice (something like what you get at TCBY in the states)

[img]http://www.raynor.dk/puppy/daddysicecream.jpg[/img]