Dogomania

Bloody Bald Spot :(

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

When I went to feed my dog I noticed a large patch of her thick fur was missing and the skin was somewhat bloody. I looked to see if there was anything she chould have ripped it out on and noticed some of her hair (some of it in a bloody clump) laying in front of her house. I can't figure out what she would have pulled it on & the bald area seems like it might be a slightly difficult area to reach with her teeth, though I'm not sayingit's impossible. I put something on it to keep it from getting infected for now and will prob. take her to the vet even if no more patches appear, just to be on the safe side. She's due for a check up anyways. In the mean time though, does anyone have any idea what could be the matter with her?

Something may have "snagged" onto her skin and pulled it? Maybe somehow another dog snapped at her?

But what's important now is the bald spot, take her to the vet just to make sure she's OK. :wink: If you are rubbing cream on it so it won't get infected, then you are doing the right thing! :thumbs:

Good Luck! Keep us updated! :D

she could have scratched an itch with the back legs, or caught it getting out of her box. did she make a ylp sound at all, or did you hear a bang,.?

if no, she could have done it herself.

i have a cat who makes blad spots on him (he has eczma) i do not see how he manages to reach such areas but if its annoying him that much he obviously does...

does any skin look like it has come away or does it look red sore and weepy?

as long as you keep it clean it may heal. and /or vets would help you..