Dogomania

Any ACD/BC mixes?

yellowlabsrule

Yellow,

If you want to know more about acd's in general o rpossibly to see if there are some folks with this mix, there is an acd message board on msn.

[url]http://groups.msn.com/AustralianCattleDogs/yourwebpage.msnw[/url]

These are some great folks and they should be able to give you more info. I do believe that there is someone with a bc/acd mix...

Oh and I forgot to add: my dog is an ACD/BC mix and you should have some sort of idea by now of his craziness. :lol:

Temperament wise you couldn't ask for a sweeter and more loyal dog. He has never, ever bitten anyone and his patience with smaller dogs is infinite. My grandpa's dachshund will annoy him to the point where I'd like to strangle the little sausage myself, but BK will just ignore him or engulf Tomson's head in his mouth as a warning, no teeth, just scary dog breath. :D He is very friendly with people but if he's had enough human contact he'll just wander off down the yard and amuse himself. Mind you he pretends to be tough but he's just a big sook inside! He is also an excellent guard dog- very deep protective bark, very agile and muscular, he could do some serious damage with those teeth if he saw I was in danger, no worries there. :wink:

BK likes: other dogs (bigger or same size, all the more to play with), he gets along very well with our other dog Rinny, a GSD X. Mind you both of them are very dominant (well Rinny isn't anymore, he's too old for any sort of play) and it took a few years for BK to wrest away alpha from Rinny and he never gave up trying either :roll: He also likes to herd people and isn't happy if everyone's not in the same spot. He's very vocal and will tell you what he's thinking whether you want to hear it or not. :D And he will answer back by nipping your ankles or doing this horrid high-pitched play bark which is extremely annoying. :roll:

I don't know what he's like around livestock but I think some sort of instinct would kick in, whether that's good or bad I'll never know.

He does not like toys, unfortunately, which is weird considering most ACDs are tennis ball addicts. When he was younger he'd play with anything if he could destroy it or if Rinny had it and he could play keepings off.

Anyway that's probably enough for now, PM me if you want more info (but there's probably lots in those links!). Hobbit would also be a great source of info as he has both ACDs and BCs...