Dogomania

Training: Dog or Brother?

DogPaddle

Whenever my brother and roommate start horseplay, roughplay or as like to call it "recreational beating the tar out of each other" with each other not the dog (men are extrordinarily strange to me) Kavik starts to bark, lately he has started to lunge at them. No biting but I am concerned of course.
Now I am pretty sure it would be much easier to train my dog than my brother, the dog being smarter and more amiable. But on the other hand if the dog is constantly exposed to something which I'm guessing he sees as a struggle for the alpha position maybe I'm fighting a loosing battle.
So do I train the brother or do I train the dog?
Any suggestions how?

:lol: train a man :roflt: when i figure that out i'll give you a signed first press of the book. for real though i wouldn't worry about it. sounds like your dog just wants to jump into the fray. a very doggy behavior to get into the mix of things. i doubt it would cause the threat of an aggression issue to arise. but things can get out of control very quickly. so my my finale answer is set some limits and stick to them. examples of limits might be barking @ the guys is okay but jumping on them is not. what ever you see fit.

[quote name='IlBLisSlI']your dog might just be trying to protect your brother. I know when my brother comes over to my house and we start beating the crap out of eachother my biggest and oldest dog comes to save the day. Could be the same thing for your dog as well.[/quote]

Yep, I agree. Kavik may think HIS person is in danger and wants to help out. :angel: Rinny used behave similarly whenever "his" people (stepmum and stepsister) would hug or hold anyone else.

sometimes, jeremy will slap my leg just to watch Wanker, because wanker come to my rescue!! he'll grab jeremy's hand in his mouth and without putting any pressure, he'll keep it there, and just whine at him!! but sometimes when jeremy and i are rough-housing with each other, wanker DOES get into it, but i've always just figured he was getting in on the play! he never has tried to assert dominance or anything, because when we say "O.K., that's enough" he just steps down immediately. so i would think he's either getting in on the fun or protecting his boys!!