Dogomania

Needing to Vent

Guest Anonymous

Okay I found it.

Now remember, this would only apply if DDAL gets it way, and it would be applied to any one with three or more intact females. Any how, here you go.

[url]http://www.aphis.usda.gov/ac/cfr/9cfr3.html#3.1[/url]

Here is just a quote.

"Animal areas inside of housing facilities must be kept neat and free of clutter, including equipment, furniture, or stored material, but may contain materials actually used and necessary for cleaning the area, and fixtures and equipment necessary for proper husbandry practices and research needs. Housing facilities other than those maintained by research facilities and Federal research facilities must be physically separated from any other businesses. If a housing facility is located on the same premises as any other businesses, it must be physically separated from the other businesses so that animals the size of dogs, skunks, and raccoons, are prevented from entering it."

I don't know about any one else...but I have furniture in my house.

Housing facility is not talking about YOUR house. It is talking about a place where the animals are kept. Like a large kennel (some kennels have a very nice building with an apartment inside). The dogs come inside a building to eat and sleep and then have access to a run.

This provision is in place so that a person can not keep a dozen or so dogs in his place of business (which isn't really a business)...it's just a cluttered place to keep more of the puppy mill dogs.

Personally, I see nothing wrong with the USDA rule and regs. Knowing gov't entities like I do, there are not enough inspectors to go around, there are a dozen or so loopholes, it depends tremendously on who is in office (including Senators, Congress, President and other influential politicians) and the first time someone sues.....it will be all changed.

If you do not like the rules and reg's then do something about it. Start writing letters to your representatives. If you do not want to take the time to try to change it....then don't bitch about it. But, be very careful what you DO change, because for every action, there is an equal or opposite reaction.

[quote name='Jacsmom']Always liked that one Hobbit!!

[quote]for every action, there is an equal or opposite reaction.[/quote][/quote]

Yep, me too. And it works with EVERY aspect of life.

You grab (action) the dog, he either stops (equal) or bites (reaction) you. :lol:

Sorry but according to my local agri guy. When you house your breeding animals IN YOUR HOME, it becomes the "housing area" for the dogs and there for falls under those rules and regs.

Therefore, if DDAL gets its way, your kidding yourself you you don't think they will apply it in that manner. Remember DDAL wants the USDA to cover ANY ONE with 3 or more intact female dogs.

I have no quams with my local laws. However, the problem is DDAL who wants the USDA to cover everyone. No amount of writing or protest will do anything at this point. Even AKC has not been able to stand up against them. Right now, the USDA and DDAL are in court...and it will be up to a judge to decide.

Okay I found it.

Now remember, this would only apply if DDAL gets it way, and it would be applied to any one with three or more intact females. Any how, here you go.

[url]http://www.aphis.usda.gov/ac/cfr/9cfr3.html#3.1[/url]

Here is just a quote.

"Animal areas inside of housing facilities must be kept neat and free of clutter, including equipment, furniture, or stored material, but may contain materials actually used and necessary for cleaning the area, and fixtures and equipment necessary for proper husbandry practices and research needs. Housing facilities other than those maintained by research facilities and Federal research facilities must be physically separated from any other businesses. If a housing facility is located on the same premises as any other businesses, it must be physically separated from the other businesses so that animals the size of dogs, skunks, and raccoons, are prevented from entering it."

I don't know about any one else...but I have furniture in my house.

Hobbit,

The rules, as they stand, will be applied to any one, with three or more intact females, IF DDAL WINS THE CURRENT LAW SUIT. It does not apply NOW, it will not apply TOMARROW, only if DDAL wins.

I remember in my local state, when people were saying that our current laws, only applied to pet dealers...no matter what you said, you could not make them understand, that there was legislation in office, that was trying to be passed...we now, guess what...you own a single stud dog, or have one litter a year...you had better have a liscense and your home is OPEN 24 hours a day to inspectors. They can come and go as they please....