Dogomania

Name our new puppy?

DogPaddle

Just got a new puppy from the shelter.
We were going to get a beagle but apparently some retired couple adopted both beagles before we got there. They really like beagles I guess :) .
There was only one dog and one cat in our local spca when we went there. Yeah :D !!! They do not adopt between Dec 20th and 26th either.
Actually the sign on the dog area of the shelter said there were no dogs for adoption but as we walked pass the cat area I happened to look in through the window, and the dog happened to be out playing where I could see him and he just happened to be the same general sort of mutt my family had before.
Anyway the shelter staff think he is a border collie cross, possibly with lab and "something else". He is 2 months, 5 lbs, mostly black with a touch of white on his toes and a small white blaze on his chest.
I wanted to call hime Argo, Kip wanted to call him Loki, we both think Truedeau would be OK but we're open to any suggestions.

Don't know if you care, but here is what they mean: (I found these on [url]www.babynames.com[/url] and [url]www.bowwow.com.au[/url])

LOKI
Meaning: Trickster God
Origin: Scandinavian

Closest thing I could find to Kip:

Kipper
Information about this name:
Related Name:Kippers
Meaning: A salted and smoked herring.

Argo
Famous Usage: In Greek Mythology the name of the ship in which Jason sailed to find the Golden Fleece.
Personality Plus: We named our male Golden Retriever Argo, although technically it's a female name since it's after a ship. We thought it sounded like a male name.

Argos
Famous Usage: Blind hunting dog of the Greek hero Odysseus.

I can't find Truedeau though.

Thanks Yellowlabsrule.
He is . . . feisty, not intimidated by the larger dogs at all. He has a sleepy look to his eyes. He will snuggle for extended periods of time. He has an odd stance, just a bit wider and weight further forward than I'm used too (maybe its some trait of one of the breeds.)
Trudeau probably dosn't mean anything, its from one of our (Canada) Prime Ministers - Pierre Elliot Trudeau.
I'm not sure I want to go with Loki, lest it become a self fulfilling sortof thing. A regular puppy is enough work :lol: .