Dogomania

anyone have a border collie

Guest Anonymous

He generally likes people, rushes to greet them, jumps up :oops: , wiggles excessively. Once he has developed any sort of distrust though - that's it, he will probably never trust that person again. We have one visitor; Kavik barks at and rushes him and hides behind me when Brendon comes over. Brendon scared him when he was a puppy, first time they met each other :x .

• 2 months later...

My number two lead dog,George, has Border Collie in his backround- although officially he would be considered an Alaskan Huskie. He definitely inherited the beautiful red and white coat, and has one amber eye and one blue. Good lead dog, but sort of goofy (in a good way!) He has one of the sweetest personality of any sled dog I've ever owned.

Guest Anonymous

Ooo! I love Border Collies!! I have a BC + Australian Shepherd; Hazel Nut Meg (AKA "Hazel"), she's a big sweetheart to me, but is terribly aggressive :cry:
Pumpkin - I once read an artical a while back about a young girl who made up a team of Border Collies! :D 8) Very intersting... if you compare "Huskies" and BC's they have quite a few good simualaraties, so it's a no wonder why the BC would make a good sled dog!

I have heard of the BC sleddog team.
I'm trying to find a way to make a cart/sled team of my crew - a BC, a Lab/BC and a GSD/Malamute. If Tyr will pull I suppose he can be a "wheel dog" but I don't know if I can make a three dog team or even if all of them will want to pull yet. We'll see when I can get hold of some equipment.