Dogomania

Worst Ad Competition??

alicat613

I'm sure some of you read the awful "for sale" ads in the paper too. I don't know why I do it, self-torture I guess.

Well last weekend I thought I had seen the worst ad ever. Great Dane pups 15 weeks old $300 or trade for firewood.

Yes, you read that right. They are open to trading living creatures for dead wood.

So we were discussing this at a Dane site when another woman finds an ad for Dane pups....will trade for ANYTHING.

Is there a club somewhere for BYBs where they try to out do eachother with the most disgusting heartless shallow ads? Do they get awards?

How else can you explain (and yes, this is another real ad) "Moving sale beds, couch, patio furniture, lamps, black lab, rottweiler. "

Ummm... :o :x :evil:

Guest Anonymous

Found these today:

,.5,H HIMALAYAN Kittens, ACFA registered, show quality, stocking stuffer, 3 at $300 each

[b]STOCKING STUFFER?[/b]

5,h MINIATURE Dachshunds 2 sparkly 7wk ready for Xmas Cuddly, Frisky AKC parents $275

1-1/2 YR. old, female full blood Boxer. Great with kids. Good for breeding. $150 or best offer.

FULL Blood AKC Registered tri-color female Miniature Beagle. Available for breeding. $300

PEKINGESE cross
female pup.
$500.

SCHWESTIE pups, white/ gray, fat lovable fur balls. Shots, wormed, $225/cash.

BENGALS, miniature Leopards. 2 males, 3 mo. old, 1 black spotted, 1 tri-color marbled. Nicely glittered with lovely temperment. $500 ea.
[url]www.kdbengal.com[/url]

SCHNOODLE PUPS
2 females @ $250 ea.
Ready now!

PIT BULL PUPPIES
Papered. 5 @ $300.

Not to mention the fact that almost every ad says "will hold till Christmas" or "Great Christmas gift!" :x

Yes, that's how I meant that (thanks StarGaze), it was in no way intended as a personal issue. I just would rather people take their dogs to the shelter than sell them at a garage sale. You, a person who loves and cares for dogs, might come along or then a 4-D seller might buy the dogs up for testing or whatnot. Who knows?

Anyways...

Guest Anonymous

I not only read those ads I also sometimes call them up just to see how stupid they really are one guy breeding Pitbulls wanted $2,000 for a puppy yes that's right not$200 but $2,000 and the guy knew nothing about what he was talking about for example:
I asked him what they were registered with he said"A.D.B.A with a little bit of U.K.C." now either the dog is registered or not not a little bit registered.
Next I asked him how big they were he told me that he was breeding for size and they were between 80-100lbs he had no idea how tall they were and just had to estimate.
I asked him what bloodlines they were and he said colby and some rednose he then said that the colby is what was expensive and big. Well you know what colby's son Louise is still alive and still breeding and he does not sell the puppies for $2,000 he also does not have over sized dogs so there goes that thoery of his about the colby blood. Then he proceeds to tell me that the world weight pull record is 2,000lbs and that the grandfather of the pups set that record(that is completely false about the record). I asked him where he got his dogs if they had a website or phone number and he said that they don't breed them anymore(which means that he doesn't want me to see them or they were fly by night breeders) He then proceeds to tell me that he can meet me at the store with all of the puppies who were only four weeks old and wants to know which parent I want to see the mother or the father(not both?)any ways I forgot to tell you that he didn't even have a phone the phone was his neighbors. Any ways there are so many idiots out there and the sad part is that I believe he actually sold all of those puppies. He also clearly stated to me that he was breeding to make mony and that if he did not make money he would not be breeding.

A little bit registered?? LOL that's like a little pregnant! You are or you aren't. I bet he was talking about the pups' pedigrees, saying they had some that were registered through ADBA (who?) and a few with UKC, not knowing the resulting litter is registered only one place depending on locale and parents.

$2000 sure...geez. I wonder if anyone actually paid that.

That whole story is weird. Beware any breeder who would meet you somewhere. I want to see their home and where the pups are being raised. And not having a phone?