Dogomania

Food of the Dogs...again

Carolk9s

Man, thought I had the dogs on a great food that would be around for a while. Not to be. A couple of months ago I started switching the variety pack to Canidae. Candy is on adult and the older dogs on senior. The older dogs have been on straight Canidae for almost a month. I had been noticing their stools were getting very soft, just barely formed.
Took Jesse to the chiro vet Wednesday, mentioned this to her during his exam/massage. BTW, not only did he get a chiro massage, he got accupuncture! I must not be living right, dog gets better health care than I do and it's far cheaper. Anyway, I digress.
She said she felt Canidae was too rich for their systems, she had also heard from others that Canidae caused softer stools than desired. I'm wondering if the multiple meat meal sources are of concern, I know Jesse did not do well on either lamb based or turkey based food as a youngster but have no idea if there is a link. Canidae adult and senior has chicken, turkey, fish and lamb meal as protein sources. Then again it could be one of the other ingredients that is the problem.
sigh...
A couple of people on my belgian list now say they too saw softer stools when they tried Canidae.
So I've decided to give Bil Jac a try. So far, replies from the belgian list are positive regarding Bil Jac. Hope this food will be good for my pack and they can stay on it a while.