Dogomania

Grrr someone help me out here :)

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I am not sure if this is considered a "training" question or not but I just need some advice.

My cocker spaniel Yoshii is VERY attached to me. She is another shadow, really! Wherever I go, she has to be RIGHT THERE. When I am gone or in another room with the door closed she will stand by the door until I get home. :roll:

This does not bother be, I have gotten used to it...lol

My problem is that when I set her food and water down for her to eat and walk away...SHE FOLLOWS ME! Unless I am right over here while she is eating she won't eat. She will be right where I am. I know she will not starve herself, but she is skinny (IMO). How do I get her to eat and not follow me around ????????

How old is puppy?
In another post you said she had been growling at
people too.

I bet you have been molly coddling her. :lol:
She needs firm but fair treatment, she needs to know what is wrong and what
it right, with out cruelty.
In the other post you say you have other dogs.

How long have you had pup?

Roo

What is the problem of staying with her while she eats, it won't take long. it sounds a bit like the little dog is insecure and as her sense of insecurity lessens the problem will solve itself. You need to provide her with other interests, toys, balls, a big bone etc., to get her focus off you.

Guest Anonymous

Yoshii is about 9 months old. I have tried to give her some toys, but she does not really play with them that much. I have FINALLY gotten her to play fetch with a ball but even that is iffy. LOL she also only plays with toys when other dogs have been playing with the SAME toy.

:lol: Yes Yoshii does get a lot of attention from me. She sleeps in my bed, goes on rides with me etc. I don't mind her following me around, I just can't be over her while she eats because she eats SO SLOW. She literally takes one piece at a time and eats.

Oh, one of those picky eaters that take forever. Frustrating isn't it. The obedience training suggestion sounds like a good idea. Perhaps that will make her more independant - sure can't do any harm and you will both enjoy it. Much better for the dog too as it will understand what you want it to do and you will understand how to communicate your commands. Good luck and keep us posted.

Guest Anonymous

That is a good idea. I will have to do that. Do the obedience classes also train older dogs? I have a 4 year old cocker spaniel and I would like to enroll her in something like that too.