Dogomania

New career???

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I'm getting very bored with my current work and want to go into something with animals.

I'm allergic to cats (BAD) so I have to be careful of my choices and I also need to make sure that I can get an income close to what I'm currently making....

Thought about a vet tech, but I make more than they do in this area.

Any thoughts?

I've thought about schooling for becoming a vet but not sure how I can suppliment my income at the same time! Plus, I'm not stupid, pretty intelligent actually(not trying to boast), but have a really hard time studying....I'm thinking I have a disability in that area (UGG).

Any suggestions would be wonderful.

I'm really tired of my current job and telecommunication industry!!!!!!

Guest Anonymous

That would be great but I'm thinking I wouldn't be able to get many clients in my area.........

This sucks. Of course, dogs would be my first choice.

Maybe grooming would be an idea...

Guest Anonymous

Oh K, I know...and I know you are right. I am just SOO not wanting to do this job anymore or work for this company. I'm in a rut and the only thing that I can seem to think about is animals!

I'm kinda stuck, aren't I???

Dad and I talked last Christmas about our reading ability. As a child I was in advanced reading....but now, I have to read, and re-read and re-read (even if it's something I'm passionatly interested in) in order to process what I read. Dad has the same problem...it SUCKS. That's why I've shyed away from finishing my college degree....

Guest Anonymous

Oh jeeze K! Let me guess what that other gift was...... :wink:

My problem is I can't concentrate when reading. I'm off in my own little world thinking about other crap. And I'm like you....I love to read. I don't take the time to read anymore. And if I do, it's gotta be something REALLY good in order for me to actually process what was just read!

I'm just in a career slump right now.

Sure, put me on new projects. Give me new responsibilities. Give me more challenging things to learn.

I don't care. I don't want it anymore. :x

guys, let me throw something out there for ya

at the young age of 6 I was tested for my reading ability and it was equivlent to a senior in highschool. The lady who administerd the test approached my mother about having me tested for a "new" condition. I was tested by 2 boards and a shrink to learn I was "victim" of 2 learning "dieseses" called Attention Deficit Disorder and Dyslexia. My mom and me did some research and didnt find much so we paid very little to no attention to it till about the age of 15. Turns out literally my entire family had been diagnosed similar on both sides all the way up as far up as we could administer tests. Well my fathers cousin has a clinic in Portland Oregon, she exclusivly deals with extreme cases of ADD, ADHD and dyslexia, the latter of which does not apply to the model I'm about to set up, but frequently is preasent in "Hunters" (you'll see what I mean in just a minute). My cousin (I'm just gonna call her mine for ease of typing) has been on the front lines of the pych. reasearch in these "dieseses" and she is probably the "worst" case I have ever met. I always had trouble in school but never to the point of seeking outside "help". So after debriefing Debbie (the cousin) on my school history and other social aspects of life, she set up for me a model for life. This model was literally a god sent miracle drug, I'll try the best I can to lay it out for you. The reason I am going here with this post is that I meet people all the time who say word for word what you guys have just told me. If you dont feel I'm talking about you after the post I'm probably wrong, it does happen, but all I have to go on here is letters on a screen and to a certain degree the facial expressions I see in your dog's picture webpages.

The hunter farmer FACT
first disclaimer, this has become a fairly common belief and is no longer really considered cutting edge, so I'm sure some of you guys have heard of it, but in case you haven't PLEASE READ ON. but if I say "Hunter farmer" and you know what I'm talking about just skip it :lol:
second disclaimer, I usually post doctors names and quotes and scientists and their books, you guys know me well enough and if your gonna believe your gonna believe some "suit" isnt gonna change that, so forgive me no quotes here. This is all ME, hehe

Back in the day, way back in time, cave dwellers, humans had 2 ways of feeding ourselves we could hunt and then we could farm. Both had advantages and dissadvatnages, for one a farmer could depend on his food every harvest (comparativly speaking). for two he pretty much knew how much food he was gonna have and when he could have it and when he needed to start the process of making more. He knew how to read the weather, he knew that the world changes according to a specific pattern, probably didnt call it summer, winter, fall but he could anticipate their arrival. A farmer was always deligating tasks to his family and because he could teach all these "tricks" his children got effeiciant like himself. The major thing to remember about farmers is this, they talked to one another, farmers from miles around would trek out to one another and share their tricks and tips with one another, they were supportive of eachother and when one failed at a new idea the others would give him their extra food, because since he made the mistake the others didnt have to and so there family would not need to suffer because of that thing. remember the thing to remember is communication and support of one another.
Hunters were polar opposites, they could never stay in one place, or the food would dissapear, they always traveled light and were always ready to move and chase. A hunter had to demand a wide range of physical abilities from his body. He had to run, leap, swim, climb and be able to stalk absolutly still for hours on end for the "big" kill. A hunter also had to master his senses he had to track with every noise around him at all times, he was not only the hunter but also the hunted. If he only watched a deer and was tracking it silently he might step on a python, and be eaten so he had to be totally aware. Another aspect of hunter life was he had little need for a family, they were extra mouths to feed and for years a baby could not even hold his own and right before and right after childbirth his mate could not hold her own as the child demanded all of her attention. Not to mention the mother needed specific dietary needs, she could not just eat meat all the time. So families were rare at best, but a smart hunter would have a child and grow it up to be twice the skillfull hunter as he, this way when he could no longer keep up with the animals the child could bring him food. This is also when partnership with animals came in, not like we think of it but a well set trap could drive a heard of bovine animals into a waiting pack of wolves and all the hunters and predators could walk home with a large amount of meat. The number one thing to remember about hunters is that they could never make a home else they exhaust the area of meat, and starve.

as the two types grew the enevitable happend, the farmers became so effecient that they had to expand their farms to inculde an array of food. A new field for every berry and grain they could grow. I came evident that if 2 farmers could border one another they could communicate faster. these borders became partnerships and eventually the first towns. Groups of people working with such a synergy that a small population of 5 or 10 could farm the land equivalent to 20-30 individual farmers. Instead of doing everthing they worked in groups and in shifts or turns so everyone could rest and devolp new ways to farm, plant, plow and clear new areas for greater farms. The other thing of significance is that now you have 5-10 men working together but also each of their wives could work together, child birth was much easier with 4 other women helping you threw it. It was also less deadly to child and mother, children were even more incouraged now as they made the group better and faster. Children could do smaller jobs so the men had even more time to devise better ways to do their jobs.
I can just see the fatefull day, that first hunter accidently ran cross the first man made field. Two things happened when the two collided, the hunter ran away, he was scared and there was no way any animal would live in a place so close to noisey humans and in a field with no cover, he could not live anywhere around that. The second thing, he was spotted by a farmer, the farmer now a civilized man who lived by some sort of ethical code with many people, saw a primitive man who was far behind himself. This man must be shown "the way" he must be brought here and be tought to farm with us. As the farms grew the huntable land was consumed, hunters were forced to feed on the animals kept by farmers. The farmers viewed this as a behavior of an uncivilized man one who was an animal and in need of rescueing. So hunters were brought in, wether they were captured or had no choice the end result was the same.
Generations upon generations were put into developing the farmer way of life, but the exact same thing was happening in the hunter community a father taught a son and he taught his, "dont kill everything or you wont eat tomorrow", "be as fast as your fastest meal", "use your nose like the wolves, eyes can be decived", "jump like a gazelle", "listen to me speak but listen to that monkey at the top of that tree just the same". The hunter at first look had spent all his time develping his body, but at closer examiniation his mind was just as adept, he could effectivly tune out pain, he could run longer than he was supposed to due to what we now call "will" but his most amazing ability was that he could effectivly listen and track with many things at the same time, he could think and invent weapons and traps while chasing an animal at full speed, his brain functioned on so many differant levels that no matter what was happening to his physical body he could track with 4 or 5 other things in his mind at the same moment.
When the intragation of hunter to farmer took place the hunter was thought "dumb" because he did not know the seasons and how to plant and harvest. The farmers put him in a room that was quite so he could learn and concentrate. this was incredibly painful for the hunter as he was meant to function with utter chaos all around him, he needed noise danger and demands so that he could operate optimally.

this directly relates to us today, what "farmers" view as a deficit is actually a well honed skill that took many years to develop, school was not meant for hunters, a hunter probably sat down twice in a normal day and each time was filled with eating or mending clothes. A hunter NEVER sat still unless stalking, it was a death trap to stay in one place. He could listen to 3 people talk at the same time with full comprehention and pay attention to his child climbing a tree. Farmers didnt know this they had no idea hunters even exsisted they were to busy expanding. An ADD child is a "dieses" that describes a differant kind of learning and differant kind of living, not a deficit not a problem that needs to be fixed, its a power that needs to be harnessed. So many kids are called stupid and they freak out because they cant figure out why they "dont get it". We were forced into a world that isnt meant for us and doesn't want our ability.
Want proof? in school did you ever listen to music while you did your homework? had the TV on? were tests extra hard, maybe cuz it was so quiet. personally I went to school and did my homework and tried to track with every conversation in the room at the same time, I tried to pay attention to the window and the other side of the door, I could listen to molly talk about bobby, I could listen at the same time to the teacher scold bobby and hear lewis' plan to skip 4th period, and finish the chapter in math. It was the only way I could concentrate if I was in a quiet room, it was like drip torchure, still is. I have the "deepest" talks with my family, friends and girlfriend while I'm driving listening to music. I have never takin any drug for my "illness" I refuse to be less than anyone else, I feel bad that everybody cant think like me, I feel like I'm super human sometimes. In high school if I was struggleing with a test I would start talking to someone, then I could release this ability to just get it.

okay check this out

[quote]My problem is I can't concentrate when reading. I'm off in my own little world thinking about other crap. And I'm like you....I love to read[/quote]
where is this little world? maybe an attempt at another tracking device, try turning on the radio the TV and bring your kids in, try and track with everything, at first it wont work, your taught that its not supposed to. this ability has been repressed for SO LONG you are gonna have to work on it a little. Do it with one whole book and remain faithful to it, if there is no differance, than oh well at least you got through a book :D if it does work you have the deepest understanding of your personal brain yet, and now can motivate yourself to do almost anything

[quote]Sure, put me on new projects. Give me new responsibilities. Give me more challenging things to learn. [/quote]
rephrase this, YOU NEED new tasks and you need them all at the same time so when your doing one, your doing all of them!

[quote]...sometimes I am so busy and so pulled in 5 different directions at once that nothing seems to sink in or make sence anymore[/quote]
we are tought that this is not a proper learning enviroment so it is proper reaction to not let it make sense, but the fact you feel pulled is significant to me, let it go and just "track"

[quote]Dad and I talked last Christmas about our reading ability. As a child I was in advanced reading....but now, I have to read, and re-read and re-read (even if it's something I'm passionatly interested in)[/quote]
same here, advanced reading until there was no where else to advance, then I just kinda forgot about it and had to really work to get my interest back, the challenge left and along with it my interest level

tell me what you guys think cuz I've been typing for hella, and I dont even know if this is helping anyone, :oops:

Guest Anonymous

OK.

Here's my stuff.

If it's quiet then I can't concentrate cuz there is nothing in the back ground.

BUT, as I'm trying to read your novel, coworkers around me are talking and I can NOT stay focused on reading.

Now, I will say, that recently I got a good book (only 200 pages) called Bonita Faye. I read that thing in a weekend, could NOT put it down. Although I wonder about how much of it I missed cuz I have a tendancy to skip over things as well.....

I know I'm not dyslexic, as my best friend IS. ADD...could be. Very well could be. I can't keep my mind on one subject (except for DOGS)....

CRAP. Now I gotta attend a meeting for an hour and then ANOTHER meeting for an hour and I will be off in la la land for both...even though the first meeting is MINE.

Thanks for all the insight Deep :D . Let's let it sink in for a bit.....after these two crappy meetings. :x

I could be totally wrong, ADD is a hot bed right now of believers and nonbelievers, I try to tell practically everyone that they are, just trying to get the word out ya know, I've helped alot of people, but 7 out of 10 think I'm full of shit but thats fine cuz the 3 that were helped by it really were helped, so I win some I loose most, but I keep tryin I dont even care if you read it or not but I would feel incredibly responsible for inaction if I didnt put it up somewhere to see

Guest Anonymous

Thanks for all your insight. I've seriously considered going SOMEWHERE to see about this difficulty I have....but have no idea where to start.

And, if I ever consider going back to school, this must be resolved first.

[quote]Deep I am lost again the kids are in bed and the dogs are asleep...is the gist of what you are saying the reason I cannot concentrate and make sence of what you have just painstakingly written is because it is too quiet and I should try re-reading it again at ..say..midday tomorrow when I have 4 other things to do at the same time??[/quote]

if I were you I would turn up loud music, like me right now, and listen to the music as I read, if it doesnt work then it doesnt work.
people like me are quite a minority, I just like to see how many I can find wherever I go. So if what I wrote does not sound interesting to you then dont bother forcing yourself through it, that would be pointless. It is just a way at looking at specific peoples difficulties, not anything super cool or informative, just a way to view things. It has helped me TREMENDOUSLY but I have found that most people dont respond very well.
My dad is ADD but he prefers medication and does very well on it, my mom is like me and doesnt want to "mute" that part of her brain so she learns to work with it. Either way the job gets done neither is better, just differant.
but adults who dont know or deal with this, typicaly loose interest in things they used to do for fun, get really tired of their jobs after so much repatition and on and on, It sure isnt the only reason one looses interest or gets bored, but it is [b]always[/b] presant in one with a "hunter" mind. and 9 times out of 10, things get much better after "hunters" are told about it its just a chore to find them