Dogomania

Teething or Separation Anxiety?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Our (me and my boyfriend) puppy is 4 going on 5 months old. We bought her from a breeder about 3 months ago. We bought about a half dozen chew toys for her and she never bothered any of our stuff. We both work full time so we thought she was fine being alone during the day. About 3 weeks ago we started back to school, and there is one night when we both have class at the same time so she is alone for an extended amount of time. It was around this time that she started chewing on EVERYTHING! Books, pictures, clothes, papers, you name it! But also at the same time she lost 2 teeth. I'm not sure if she's chewing on everything because her mouth hurts or she misses us! We have about 6-7 chew toys for her, should we get more?? I was thinking about getting her one of those toys that can records our voices, too. We are first time parents, PLEASE HELP!!

Guest Anonymous

Yep a crate is a great thing for a puppy when they are young and want to chew the world... She is probably chewing for both reasons teething and boredom... Nylabones are a good chew toy (take away when they get to small) also Kongs (which you can stuff with goodies) (you can also freeze these which will help for teething puppies!)

If you are going to be gone extended periods it helps to have a crate or a place that is closed off from the entire house so she will not get in to mischief... Puppies love that!!! :D