Dogomania

my puppy stalks me

Guest Anonymous

well K, I got the feeling that abusser was getting her a$$ kicked so I didnt want her to feel like having the dog meant she needed to get abused all over the place.
but I'm with ya my mom, sister and girlfriend are tough and they fight with the best of us too :D it's just a weight thing they dont have as many pounds to hurl forward as me and the dogs hehe :lol:

it sounds as if he's treating you like another dog. try regular obediance work on a daily basis with him. when one of mine tries to knock me down (to play, to get a reaction) I learn to watch that one closely and constantly. I wait until the moment of impact and move, leaving the dog with only empty air. as s/he reaches the spot he would have "got" me, I say, sternly, "NO! no play!" and if s/he is still intent on her game, I will take ahold of the collar and require a sit-stay for a short time. I wrestle with my dogs all the time and none of them have ever even chomped me playfully...the closest is when the golden puts her mouth over my hand and grrrr wumps (that's the sound she makes) but she doesn't even close her mouth...I also have a command that tells every dog to stop an action that very moment...I chose the word "hey" and always say it in a loud "growly" voice...i've prevented fights and broken up play sessions with that one word.

Guest Anonymous

i'll admit it ... i'm a whimp and don't want to get hurt.. I really don't want to go to the hospital here in Jamaica especially, so i try to be very careful.

Hobbit,

I will try to take notice next time regarding his eyes, tail, etc. I know the more bent over play stance that i have seen more often this was different and that is why i was scared. He looked so serious and didn't move at all... for a puppy to stay so still was strange. He really glared at me and made me feel uncomfortable. I will pay more attention next time... i was just concerned with getting him to stop. Last night I just stopped playing immediately. When he pounces he nips and either tears my clother or pinches my skin. I will wear my jeans next time. He's put holes in most of my shorts and clothes i wear around the houst.

Well like i said before he has lost some of his teeth so i feel a little safer. Does anyone know at what age they should have all their adult teeth? I was starting to worry that with the playing one of his permanent teeth were pulled out.

I wish i could video tape the whole thing... I have never seen even of my other dogs do this to this intensity.

I also don't see the Rottie but one of the reasons i picked this puppy was i thought he looked more great dane.

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='Peng1zrule']it sounds as if he's treating you like another dog. try regular obediance work on a daily basis with him. when one of mine tries to knock me down (to play, to get a reaction) I learn to watch that one closely and constantly. I wait until the moment of impact and move, leaving the dog with only empty air. as s/he reaches the spot he would have "got" me, I say, sternly, "NO! no play!" and if s/he is still intent on her game, I will take ahold of the collar and require a sit-stay for a short time. I wrestle with my dogs all the time and none of them have ever even chomped me playfully...the closest is when the golden puts her mouth over my hand and grrrr wumps (that's the sound she makes) but she doesn't even close her mouth...I also have a command that tells every dog to stop an action that very moment...I chose the word "hey" and always say it in a loud "growly" voice...i've prevented fights and broken up play sessions with that one word.[/quote]

Thanks for the advice. I am working on the obedience training, too.

Guest Anonymous

Hobbit-
[b]PLEASE join us!!! [/b]:D
"[u]Precious, precious, where is my precious[/u]??" (in Gollum voice)
:wink: :lol:

You have [u]precious[/u] knowledge we would like for you to share with us! :D
Please come back to play! :wink:

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='tiggerress']Hobbit-
[b]PLEASE join us!!! [/b]:D
"[u]Precious, precious, where is my precious[/u]??" (in Gollum voice)
:wink: :lol:

You have [u]precious[/u] knowledge we would like for you to share with us! :D
Please come back to play! :wink:[/quote]

It's like....er...hum....getting married! :o It's a big committment and I'm just not good at committments! :wink:

Okay.....i'm teasing, but it sounded good!! I have thought it over and will do it later today, maybe, probably, sort of, ...... I'll have to discuss this with the dogs.... :wink: :wink:

And by the way, all you guys are way toooo cute! :wink: :wink: