Dogomania

Potty Training Question

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hopefully someone will be able to help me on this one? I have a 11 wk old Rottweiler puppy who we currently are trying to potty train. (we got her last week) Its been awhile potty training a dog since my other dog is 5 years old. Anyhow the puppy pees outside just fine, but no more then a few minutes later she is peeing on the floor inside (small amount). :roll:

queston 1... is this normal for puppies?
question 2... how do I correct this behavior?

Any help would be great!
Thanks

Amy

Sasha and Kodee The Rottweilers of Minnesota :D

Guest Anonymous

When she goes potty outside praise and reward her. I would suggest to watch her when you think she will go and try to catch her in the act. Pick her up and take her outside and reward her for finishing outside.
It took alot fo patience for my Dobie to realize it was not ok to pee inside but well worth the effort. Now he will ALMOST do his deed when we first go outside and say 'Go Potty', but thats a BIG almost :D :D .

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='2RottInGirls']Hopefully someone will be able to help me on this one? I have a 11 wk old Rottweiler puppy who we currently are trying to potty train. (we got her last week) Its been awhile potty training a dog since my other dog is 5 years old. Anyhow the puppy pees outside just fine, but no more then a few minutes later she is peeing on the floor inside (small amount). :roll:

queston 1... is this normal for puppies?
question 2... how do I correct this behavior?

Any help would be great!
Thanks

Amy

Sasha and Kodee The Rottweilers of Minnesota :D[/quote]

DON'T pick her up by the back of the neck that will cause more peeing!
Why not let her pee outside then play with her a bit out there and then let her finish emptying out before bringing her back in - the goal wiht potty training is not punishment for doing wrong but rather praising for doing right and making sure you don't let her make any errors!
Remember if a pup pees on the floor you take a rolled up newspaper and hit yourself on the head for letting it happen! :lol:

• 1 month later...

guest, it is perfectly fine pick the pup up by the back of the neck! do it careful and gentle and its fine, besides how is it that you are supposed to "not let it happen" with out pushing her or picking her up and putting her outside? yes positive reinforcement is good but you tackle this problem from BOTH sides of the field, let her KNOW she is wrong to pee in the house and let her KNOW it is good to pee outside, dont give me this only positive crap, lets be realalistic we ARE talking about animals here they CAN take a little punishment. a thrive with correction notice I did not say PAIN I said CORRECTION

guest, it is perfectly fine pick the pup up by the back of the neck! do it careful and gentle and its fine, besides how is it that you are supposed to "not let it happen" with out pushing her or picking her up and putting her outside? yes positive reinforcement is good but you tackle this problem from BOTH sides of the field, let her KNOW she is wrong to pee in the house and let her KNOW it is good to pee outside, dont give me this only positive crap, lets be realalistic we ARE talking about animals here they CAN take a little punishment. a thrive with correction notice I did not say PAIN I said CORRECTION