Dogomania

Woman sentanced for dog attack

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Majorie Knoller, who's 2 Presa Canario's attacked and killed a woman in San Francisco was convicted of manslaughter and sentanced to 4 years.

Giz,

Unfortunately she had actually been given a longer sentence, but upon appeal the previous decision was overturned. I was very diaspointed but the appeal judge was right, he stated something like well we all know this woman and her husband are guilty of murder, but the law dosen't see it that way. The husband also got 4 years. The wife's sentence was MUCH longer before and I wish that it could still be longer, these 2 people were nuts and have don serious damage to the presa canario image. I looked up these dogs after the attack and they are beautiful but it was obvious to me that they were definatley not for the careless or ignorant owner, which we you get right down to it is probably true of all dogs.

Guest Anonymous

OH..... :o :roll: :wink:
now i get it
just the owners fault they cant control their own dogs, just they are ignorant when theyre dogs are going bad... :x

• 1 year later...

[quote name='buttercup1004']OH..... :o :roll: :wink:
now i get it
just the owners fault they cant control their own dogs, just they are ignorant when theyre dogs are going bad... :x[/quote]

This was a MAJOR story awhile ago...these people had "gotten" these dogs from a man in prison, who's "outside" contacts were breeding them.
The rest of the people in the apartment building were scared to death of them. There were other incidents as well, but this last one the dogs actually attacked a woman entering her apartment from the hallway with groceries, and killed her. She was mauled to death. The woman had no control over her dogs, and actually tried to hide them in her apartment after the incident, and clean them up...I believe they tried to adopt the inmate, so they wouldnt have to testify against him...

I think she should have gotten life personally....

and I would like to have been on the sentencing jury....it would have been in mitigation STILL...

:evilbat:

these people make me sick to my stomach! both as a dog owner and a human being...In my mind, Diane Whipple was murdered. I can't beleive people tried to blame the breed for this act...when it was really two idiots who thought they were "tough enough" for this hard working breed...I hope the judge stipulates that they will NEVER be able to own another animal, be it mammal, amphibian, or feathered, ever again.

[quote name='Edgar']Besides big jail time these people should be neutered... Don't want their stupidity genes being passed on *sigh*[/quote]

they've already reproduced...not with each other, luckily...that could be like breeding two deep rolling aerial pigeons together...