Dogomania

Which breed do I choose?

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='Anonymous'][quote name='Aroura']Ever considered a Labradoodle??? I think you'll find they are everything you are looking for, plus they do not shed and are hypo allergenic. They are extremely intellegent and absolutly LOVE the water! They are very sociable, love everyone from babys to elderly people and they do not have many health problems.
Good luck[/quote]
OH PULEASE - this is not a breed its a mutt, it does shed and it is not hypoallergenic - I've seen more people giving this poor mix that has a horrid coat to deal with up because they found out they were allergic to it than you can imagine. You must read that quack vet's books on 'breeds'!
Depending on the temperament of the parents (the two breeds vary you know in the temperament of the dogs) and the health of the parents and their background the labradoodle may well have more problems in health and temperament than either breed normally shows when they come from a carefully bred litter.
NO responsible breeder would produce these mixes (and even the guide dog program that started this mess seems to be giving up on them) and none would sell a dog to someone who plans to breed them leaving only the dregs of each breed to be likely parents.[/quote]

Well, I don't know where you live, but where I live there are quite a few responisible breeders trying to develop this 'mutt' and are breeding them for intellegence, to be hyperallergenic and not to shed. Have you ever heard of selective breeding? Perhaps you should look into it, it can be done you know, as poodles already possess these traits.