Dogomania

Stopping a lab from chewing??? (help please)

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I have a lab pup that chews EvErYtHiNg!!! how do i stop him? is there a special secret no one is telling me about?! If you can help me that would be really great. Reply or email me at [b][email protected][/b]. thank you.
-trey

Guest Anonymous

Have you tried crate training? Chewing is very natural for puppies, there is no secret, just provide him with toys and variety - when you aren't there to supervise use the crate. If you've never used a crate before let me know, I can point you to some websites that have information on crate training. It is a training tool that must be done correctly for best results...

Your Labrador is probably teething, so he needs to have plenty of his own toys to naw on...provided you carefully watch over him, in case he swallows bits. Carrots are also good for dogs teething, as well as being healthy. You can also use bonjela which is a gel. You can get it from any chemist. Squeeze a tiny drop onto your finger and rub it over his gums, this will help ease the discomfort he is in. Teething is a distressing time for puppies, just like babies.
Good Luck (with your bundle of joy)!

Guest Anonymous

To Trey about your chewing lab pup first spray everything he chews with a mix of water & vinegar, then give him toys to chew instead like a large kong toy filled with peanut butter & treats, also give him a wet frozen washcloth & ice cubes, exercise him several times a day , give him a greenie to chew & keep him under direct supervision or else crate him good luck Anne
[email][email protected][/email]