Dogomania

Puppy is Skinned Alive and Left to Die Next to Busy Highway

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

<UPSETTING>

Police seek information on puppy found skinned alive
By L. Anne Newell
ARIZONA DAILY STAR

Two people found a puppy near Green Valley that had been skinned alive, authorities said Tuesday, asking the public to help them find the person responsible.

Pima County Sheriff's Detective Michael Duffey said two women were driving along Continental Road three-quarters of a mile west of Camino del Portillo about 10 a.m. Monday when they noticed a puppy next to the pecan groves there.

As they stopped to ensure the dog wouldn't get hit by a car, Duffey said,they saw the extent of its injuries and called authorities.

Duffey said the dog, which they believe was a female 10-week-old heeler mix with white fur and whitish-blue eyes, was cut to the bone along its back, sides and part of its stomach. It was euthanized almost as soon as a veterinarian saw it.

"The subcutaneous tissue, the fat and some muscle had been removed all the way to the bone on the back, the sides and parts of the belly all the way from the front shoulders to the back hips," he said. "It's almost as if somebody cut a square of tissue off this animal."

He said it was the most disturbing case he's seen in his three years on the Animal Cruelty Task Force of Southern Arizona, a multi-agency group investigating the incident.

"Some of the people who saw it wanted to throw up. The medical staff was horrified by its injuries, as was the animal control officer who responded. The woman who found it was so upset she needed a ride home," he said. "I don't know how to describe it other than to say it's horrible."

Marsh Myers, director of education for the Humane Society of Southern Arizona, said it was the worst case he'd seen in his six years on the job.

"It is troubling, the fact that the animal was left alive," he said. "They could have killed it first, but it was obviously important to them that it suffer."

They said it's important to find whoever mutilated the dog because violence against animals often is indicative of future violence against people.

"The crossover from a person who'd victimize an animal like this to victimizing a small person or a child is very probable," Duffey said. "We need to find this person as soon as we can."

Because it couldn't have walked far in its condition, investigators believe the dog was skinned elsewhere and left by the road. They're looking for any information on vehicles stopped in the area between about 6 and 10 a.m. Monday or anyone seen walking there.

They also hope someone might recognize a photo of what investigators believe the dog looked like. The photo is available on the Humane Society's Web site at [url="http://www.humane-so-arizona.org/"]www.humane-so-arizona.org[/url].
* Contact L. Anne Newell at 629-9412 or at A HREF="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</A>.

Reward

* There is a reward of up to $2,500 for information that leads to the arrest and indictment of a suspect in this case. To report information, call 88-CRIME, the county attorney's anonymous tipster line.

Guest Anonymous

For some reason my original posting deleted what I had wrote. Here it is:

Please pass this on to everyone that you can think of - this needs to get out so that the individual(s) that did this are found.

Please visit the website in the article for updated information.

Guest Anonymous

I agree with that person. You'd have to be a twisted bastard (excuse the language) to do something like that! That person needs to be caught and put in jail for what they did. It's unimaginable that someone would beable to skin a puppy alive. And I applaud the vet who made the decision to put the dog to sleep. The only humane thing to do was to put the dog out of it's misery after suffering something like that.

How can anyone be so cruel to an innocent little puppy, what goes through these sick peoples minds to do something like this is beyond me. The breeder must have dumped those cute puppies hoping that someone nice would find them,(but nevertheless why didn't they hand them over to a rescue or the police) and the female must have got seperated from its litter mates to have ended up in the hands of those evil, cowardly, bastards (excuse my french) if I got my hands on them they wished they had never been born.
They must be caught, tortured, locked up and the key thrown away, let them suffer...see how they feel. Believe me it will come back to them, some way or another.

• 1 month later...
Guest Anonymous

I have heard of alot of sick,sick things,but this has got to be the worst thing I have heard yet..Out here in British Columbia,Canada they shot dogs up in the bush,but not kill them and let them run around so there blood is everywhere and wait for a bear to come and find them so they can shoot it..A lady found one of those poor dogs in her back yard and tried to save it,but by the time she got to the vet it was to late and died.

If I could have one mintue with those assholes I would show them what it is like to be treated like they treated those poor animals,but twice as worse..God bless that little baby puppy and the ladies that found it..And for the people that did that to it they will have to answer to a higher judge then the one we have on earth and believe me they will wish they had not done that..

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='sashagirl']There are no words to describe how I feel about this. How on earth could anyone be so cruel? I just don't understand. I am in total shock that any human being (and I use the term loosely) could do this to a poor innocent little puppy. :cry: :cry: :cry:[/quote]
And people wondered right here on this board why I felt some humans could be born 'bad'.
This pup might be a sick person's victim or might be they thought it was dead from a knock on the head and it was skinned for the fur trade :-(

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

Reading this post more than breaks my heart..I Moved from Tucson Az.(which is very close to the posting listed about the skinned puppy) to Fl 2 yrs ago and being an animal rescuer of 20 yrs.When i last left and even before :( ;Many other incodences of skinning of live pets and left suffering were going on even then in this community and near by communities..THIS MUST STOP!! People must stop closing their ears and eyes to this INHUMANE and barbaric abuse!! I pray these people are finally uncovered..EVERY last one of them! And prayers go to the ones that have suffered such imaginable TORTURE! :( :x

Guest Anonymous

I am very thankful that the puppy was found before it had to suffer any longer. Let's all remember- there WILL be a day when the person(s) responsible for this horrible act must face what they have done. I hope that they are caught and brought to justice. They have no heart. Animals have no voice and we must take up for them and stand up for their rights.