Dogomania

Looking for a Keeshond puppy

KeesFan

Not sure if this is the right forum, if not moderators please move the thread (don't lock/delete)

We are looking for a Keeshond breed puppy, must be female and preferably of a white/silver color. We live in Charlotte, North Carolina. We recently lost a beloved family friend, a Keeshond we had for almost 10 years due to health complications. We are eager to add another family pet to our family, one whom we can love and treat well. We know understand how to care for and live with the Keeshond breed and hope to locate one soon.

You can contact us at [email][email protected][/email] at any time to discuss any Keeshond you may have, OR any information you may have about others who may happen to have a Keeshond. Thank you

[url=http://www.petfinder.org/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=3990461&adTarget=&SessionID=43154c5630b484b0-app1&display=&preview=1&row=0&tmpl=&stat=]Jake[/url]
His coat is growing back in after a cut.
[img]http://www.petfinder.org/fotos/NC106/NC106.3990461-1-pn.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.petfinder.org/fotos/NC106/NC106.3990461-3-pn.jpg[/img]

Thanks for the replies.

Since some forums don't allow post editing (this is verbatim from other forums I'm searching on) I'll append this information for you;

- We have a list of most major breeders for a tri-state area around us. Most of these people breed only "show" dogs, which is not what we want. We are interested in a companion dog, for the family, that will stay indoors.

- We have tried the more, popular, websites. Such as keeshond.org and others, with no luck.

- Most resources mentioned so far, only turn up Keeshond that are rather old. The youngest we've found avaible, in a reasonable travel range, was 4 years old. We aren't interested in a dog over a year old, at best. No offense to anyone, we welcome information and listings, but we have no interest in an older dog. Our Keeshond was barely 10 when she passed away, so we aren't eager to pick up an 8 year old Keeshond that may or may not live a handful of years beyond that.

- A few people have emailed us some very nice breeders who have some amazing puppies. We would like to point out, we cannot afford $1000 for a puppy. That is outrageous. Again, no offense to anyone but in todays economy with gas and everything, too much. Our last Keeshond wasn't no where near that price and we've been told we got an "extremely good deal". By means then, we are looking for [i]either free to a good home, or a reasonable price[/i]. Again, we mean no offense to anyone, we just cannot justify paying an amount that high.

- We have checked out various "Rescues" and shelters, and continue to do so. But again this goes back to the dog's age. While we feel for these poor dogs in need of a home and love, we also cannot take in a dog of many years age. While it's true they are most often clean and healthy, most already have behavior patterns and moods that are not easy to change, another reason why we want one young if not a puppy.

- One other thing (for dogomania replies), we know color isn't a normal issue for owners. We simply want a white/silver color, cause our last Keeshond was of that color, whom meant a great deal to us. While we can never truly replace a pet we've loved, we can find one with similarities in appearance.

Thanks for the emails and replies we hope to continue our search.

Well sadly, Kees aren't the most common of dogs, so you may have quite a search on your hands. It's good that you continue to check rescue groups, perhaps they will eventually get what you are looking for. I could be wrong but I don't think you will find a Kees from a breeder for much less than 800 at least that is what I'd expect around here. I can also understand not wanting to take on the heartbreak of an older dog.

What about a crossbreed? Does it have to be pure Kees are will a cross in the colours you liked that looks mostly like a Kees do?