Dogomania

sick abandoned dog

odie's mom

I was recently walking in a park a few blocks from my house. An older gentleman was walking his dog and another was following him. I went and told him how cute his dogs were and he said the one wasn't his he had found it tied up to a pole. I immediatly begged my husband to let me take him home. We gave him some food and water and lots of love he is only about 6 months old. We decided to keep him and I took him to petsmart and got him all kinds of goodies. I already have a dog about 6 years old he is starting to warm up to the puppy. My husband is trying to potty train him but he is very scared around him. My husband has to win him over again everyday although he follows me around all he time. We feel he may have been abused. Well today the puppy started throwing up clear liquids and a little solids but mostly liquid. I really can't sfford to take him to the vet and am hoping it might just be stress or something. I dunno someone please help my family has already gotten attached

I was unfortunalty a work when this all went on and I wasn't able to look a the thow up. My mother in law did and said the first time was cat & dog food he got into the cays food, the second time was fluids like water, and the 3rd time was phlegm (sorry I can't spell it). My husband has been looking closely at his stool for worms and he hasn't seen anything. Thanls for the suggestions

I remember that our dog got really sick after eating cat food, and his symptoms were the same as you described your dog having. What I did was stop feeding him and let the cat food work out of his system. After about two days he was back to normal.
I hope that your dog gets to feeling better soon! :(

I hope your puppy feels better soon! Thank you for taking him in.

My brother and sister-in-law did the same thing. They found an adordable American Eskimo dog tied to a pole in Las Vegas where they live. He was a wonderful little dog and they had him for six months, and then one day he just up and died. It was a while ago, but I think the vet thought it was a heart attack or something like that.