Dogomania

BAD WORMS!! BAD!!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

My poor baby is only 10 weeks old and I know all puppies have worms, but has anyone every seen there puppy poop spaggetti? I wont be able to get her to the vet untill the middle of next week. Does any one know of anything I can do in the mean time. And is this going to cause any serious illness In the period of time untill I can her to the vet? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: [/b]

Guest Anonymous

Not giving any advice as I don't have any other than TAKE HER (OR A STOOL SAMPLE) ASAP.

The only time I've seen what you describe is in an over load of round worms and then I've only seen it after they have been dewormed.

Good luck to your pup. Middle of next week isn't early enough in my book.

Guest Anonymous

Unfortunately I dont have the funds to go to the vet right now, believe me..If I did it would be right this moment that I take her to the vet. I was just hoping someone would help me out.
I did here that when you give them dewormer medicine they do expell the worms. I gave her Liquid wormer with piperazine citrate in it and I also gave her some garlic. Her tummy is no longer bloated and I havent seen anymore worms. I WILL get her to a pound as soon as possible. :-?

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='monkeypup'] ....I WILL get her to a pound as soon as possible. :-?[/quote]
i sure hope that you ment to say vet instead of pound.

Nemex2 (pyrantel pamoate) is safer more effective and widely used dewormer. it can be given as early as 2 week of age. You can find it everywhere. i would definitely use it instead of piperazine.

I once saw a 5 weeks old pup vomiting 2 6" long worms. :o A very disturbing sight. The image of that is etched in to my brain forever.

Guest Anonymous

Yes..I did mean to say "VET" OOPS :o

As far as me not being financially capable of providing for my puppy..well this is how it goes. It was either she lives with me or goes to the pound. I didnt want to risk the chance of her being put to sleep. Also, she was a gift.

I just asked for help. I didnt want anyone to tell me how horrible I am. My puppy is very well taken care of. And on a normal month I would have had no problem taking her to the Vet. I think we can all understand that the holidays can sometimes set us back abit!

Thank you for the info on the meds. I will definitely make a point to check that out! :smilecolros:

Guest Anonymous

Sorry, I suppose I got on the defensive. Hopefully you can understand ,me position. I will be taking her in on MOnday. She does seem to be doing much better. I have not seen any signs of worms in her last 3 poopies.

Does anyone have any ideas on potty training. i'm going coo, and my light gray colored carpet looks like it is polka dotted :bigcry: :bigcry: [color=blue][/color]

[quote]Does anyone have any ideas on potty training. i'm going coo, and my light gray colored carpet looks like it is polka dotted [/quote]

Yep, CRATE train her. I have had the best luck with dogs using the crate method. Of course if you cant afford to buy one right now then you should try blocking off a tiled portion of the house with newspaper for the times when you cant be right on top of her. As far as timing goes, evertime she eats or drinks, take her out side to a specific spot you want her to relieve herself, and when she wakes up do the same. [/list]

Guest Anonymous

i called my moms vet when pup hadworms they gave me meds without seeing him regular vet only works in morning out afternoon they just needed weight etc. to me it was an emergency i was gonna show up at their office one way or another kook

Guest Anonymous

hi newfi i just saw it on the list of foods not to give dog of course cant find list now bookmarked somewhere on this puter talk to ya later
KOOK

Guest Anonymous

WEll I took Monkee to the and got her a wormer shot. She is much better. Also, I did give her garlic, She didnt get sick snd I had no problems with worms untill I was able to get her to the vet..

I have a crate, I have tried to crate her and will continue to do so. Its just so hard because she whines so much. How long should I keep her in for , and should I put food and water in with her.???? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest Anonymous

She seems to be doing really well with her puppy pads. but crating her is so hard..even being in there two minutes makes her whine like I am killing her. It breaks my heart to hear her do that. I have been leash training her, and she is doing really well at that. I have yet to see her go potty during our walks. I guess I need to be patient. :roll:

Guest Anonymous

Get a stuffed animal her size and put it with her in the crate.
It worked on my sister's pup. She would just curled up against it as if it was her littermate and sleep. When she got a little older she tore it to bits, but she really liked it when she was all alone in her create.