Dogomania

Sick IG

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

So very glad to have found this site! I really need some help. My vet and myself are at a loss as how to help my little dog. He is a 7 yr old Italian Greyhound, (kidder) and is having a tuff time with sickness.

About a month ago, he became very ill. He had diarrea and was vomitting alot. The vomit is very dark brown. The doctor looked at him, said his tyroid level was low, and he might possibly have addisons. We took him home, and he proceeded to contiune not to eat and lose more weight. So a week later we took him back. We did x-rays, ultra-sounds and $1200 later, we still don't know anything! We went on a round of antibiotics, and put him on a very bland hamburger/rice/cottage cheese diet. He instantly put on weight and his energy levels went up, and within a week we were running and playing again.

Then this morning, he gets up, goes to the bathroom and pukes up the same dark brown vomit.

On the ultra sound. The doctor said there was a small pallup on his stomach, and most of the time, these are nothing. Plus he thought there was a bit of fluid in his stomach. Other than these things, every organ function and test for cancer or other disease have come back negative.

I don't know if he could have and ulcer, or some thing else.

Any help or info on a direction I could take, I would appreciate it greatly.

I am truly sick over my little kidder dog. I love the little guy probably to much.

Thanks,

JD :cry:

Guest Anonymous

Thanks for your remarks.

I was thinking the same thought, ulcers. So I had a scope done on him, and yes he has and ulcer,,, unfortunatly, the doc did a biopsy and it came back as a malignet lymphoma cancer. So off to the cancer doc today to see if he is a good canidate for chemo.

Anybody had any experience with the chemo? Good or bad let me know if you could what to expect. Be a whirlwind of dissapointment lately. So sorry if this post seems out there.

Thanks

JD