Dogomania

Boonie Chew'd a bald spot!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I heard him going to town chewing and licking so i picked him up and noticed he's cald onthe front of his leg with a little sore on it.. i put neosporin on it and covered it with a wrap so he wont bother it.. but i dont knwo what would cause this.. he's on frontline plus and i haven't seen fleas on anyof them in a while.. is he doing it froms stress? maybe he's mad i've been working the alst few days and he's been kenneld for a long time??

stress, boredom, allergies, all of them can cause dogs to lick excessively.

i'd say probably boredom if he has been crated longer than usual.

have you tried a frozen kong to keep him busy? :) lasts a bit longer than just regular stuffed ones.

Guest Anonymous

i haven't thought of that lol good point!! any ideas how to keep him from stopping? i have neosporin and a wrap on it with bitter apple sprayed becuase he keeps trying to get it off

Guest Anonymous

no it can't be uncoverd becuase he keeps licking and eating it.. i think maybe it is a hotspot.. i'll have to do some reasearch as i dont know what causes this or how to get rid of them.... lol i know it's not from heat becuase it's only been the low 40's for a while now!