Dogomania

I need help..

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I really have a problem with showing favorites with my dogs..

I really have bonded so much more and closesr with Cody then i have with ZOey. and hubby gets so mad at me for the attention that i give Cody. and becauce of it Zoey harldy EVER listens to me i can tell her to sit until i turn blue and the first time hubby says it , she does it..

i need help i love them both to death, but i have such a closesr relation ship with Cody..

Do any of you have favorites?

I'm sorry DAL I don't have much advice to offer... Zoey has obviously picked up on your feelings. Perhaps you do need to spend more time with her as well and reinforce that you are the boss and no matter what she needs to obey you on your terms...?
I do have a favourite of course (BK, well duh :oops: :wink: ). But because he doesn't live with another dog anymore he doesn't have the opportunity to get constantly jealous of other dogs- and even when there *are* other dogs I'm paying attention to (eg. Tomson, Lizie, dogs at the park), he's fine with it. He's too busy trying to get them to play with him instead of me! :)

I dont really have much advise only maybe you could spend some time with zoey,just you and zoey.I think most of use have at least one favarite,I know I do and my family tell me I spoil J/D and my son will say I spend more time with J/D than I do with him,and he is 23yrs old and at work all day with is own place lol :lol: :lol: .Which really make's me smile.Just let zoey see you are the boss and that you love zoey as well.As far as your husband well I think they do get a bit jealous I know mine did when he was alive.In fact I say to my son fancy being jealous of my dog he said well you treat her like a human which is true :lol: :wink: :angel: Anyway good luck.

I definately agree with working on training her more. put cody outside or take zoey somewhere (outside?) and use food treats to get her attention--training REALLY builds a bond. Also, just keeping her with you more will foster a bond--India is so reserved, so aloof, I had a hard time really bonding with her. However, I changed her from outside-inside dog to inside only dog, and we began spending almost every minute of my free time together. I felt a bit closer to her, but had no idea how much she had grown to love me--when she's been outside all day (she went back to being inside-outside when I got super busy) she will stand on her back feet and clap when I go to let her in. She usually claps only when she really, really, wants something, or when she's very excited--just the sight of me makes her so happy she claps! One time, I had her in the bathroom all day, and when I let her out to give her some "free time" while I took a shower, she walked up to me and put her paw on my knee. I was just brushing my hair but I stopped and placed my hand on her head. She squinted up her eyes, the equivalant of a doggie ear-to-ear grin....just spending tons of time lounging around with her brought about this bond!

Guest Anonymous

thanks for the advice guys..
I do give Zoey just mom and Zoey time, and i take her to her very own puppy class on Weds in the afternoon, where it is just zoey and the iseah the oxer .. they are the only dogs.. i thought tat would be a good thing. i ujsed to let her come up and sleep with me on the bed, but i wont let her now becuase i dont want her to thing she's alpha over me. so she has to stay onthe floor now. i'm worried what she is going to do for christmas when her brother and mom and dad g away for 2 weeks.. see she gets very bad carsick. hates car rides with a passion. so for the 2 day drive we decided to have her stay with her boyfriend next door, as my mom is alergic to long haird dogs cody will be in arizona with us, but not staying with us eaither. ( i'm very upsest about this whole situation ) he wil be staying with a family freind, whom i will go over EVERY day to get Coy and take him places with us ( like to meet the rescue group who has nothing but deaf Aussies! )
so we are going to have to do some major sucking up to Zoey when we get home :( i just wish she didnt' get sick so she could go with us.