Dogomania

Laurel's nose SAVED US!!

courtnek

Guest Anonymous

yeah, that is an amazing story! both of them, wait, all of them :) my pain-in-the-tail adoptee dresden (who has inproved tons recently) may have prevented someone from breaking into my house. i was sound asleep and woke up at 4:00am to the sound of a distinctly two-legged creature walking around right outside my house, dresden started growling and and they left, i don't know if it was a God protection thing because i prayed or if he worked through crazy dog's growling to make them leave but i will never live without a dog again :)

she also wanted to eat some smart aleck construction worker when we were out walking recently. he did not seem too threatening to me, all he did was comment on the weather or something and she lunged towards him growling and barking etc with her hackles all up. it was odd because she has never reacted quite that ferociously to anyone before...

[quote]it was odd because she has never reacted quite that ferociously to anyone before...[/quote]

it's the ones you WOULDNT suspect that end up being the problems....

John Wayne Gacy was a serial killer of young boys...He was also a clown,
owned a construcition company and was a troop leader for the Boy Scouts. Everyone loved him and trusted their kids with him.

Until he killed like 30 children, mostly pre-pubescent and adolescent boys, and buried them in the basement and under his driveway....

Dogs somehow seem to KNOW....they can see through the charades that people fall for...they seem able to get past the smiling, pleasant face and
get to the real gist of the person....by instinct, or scent, or maybe some sense we'll never understand, but they know....

I too will never live without a dog. Both for their love and companionship, and because they are the best protection you can have.