Dogomania

Missing Link

Aroura

Does any one have any experience with the Missing Link supplement? I want to get some for Montie if its really good, he's so cheap to feed I feel like I'm not spending enough money on him!!! Also, I want the fur on his ears to grow back as quickly as possible and have heard it promotes fur growth. Is there anything else that will make his fur grow quickly?

I have heard only good things about missing link. We sell it at the Vet clininc I work at and a few of the Vets give it to their dogs. I havent tried it myself though.
For my dogs and for a healthy coat and skin I try to add more omega 3 fatty acids to their diet. I usually throw a can of sardines in with their meals a few times a week (packed in water) or a can of wild Salmon...I really try to insure the fish were not raised in a fish farm...farm raised fish really don't have alot of nutritional value and are full of antibiotics...just what your dog doesnt need. I also add flax seeds ground in my coffee grinder to my dogs food....flax seeds are very high in omega 3 fatty acids...

Well I'm thinking I might order it in then!!!
About fish, is it ok to mix a tin in with his evening meat balls? I havn't tried him on straight fish, but my sisters dog usually wont eat her fish meals. I mixed in some Australian Salmon with his meat balls and he gobbles them down. He's the only one who gets fed twice daily, the others are all big enough to be fed once daily. Do you know much about the whole raw fish thing? Theres so much contraversy over it I'm just staying away for now, but do you know which ones are safe?

I definetely would not feed raw salmon...they can harbour a fluke worm...there are also other problems with raw salmon I cannot think of right now... :wink: at least we have these problems with our salmon up here in Canada.
I have heard of people feeding raw mackeral etc. but its best to do a search on raw diets first just to insure which types of raw fish are safe. If my computer was not so slow I would do a search...there was a post recently I beleive under a topic asking about BARF some one had a link for a lady who raised Portuguese Water Dogs and she was feeding them raw fish (she had a picture of one of her dogs chewing on a whole fish, head and all) and I beleive she has an article on feeding raw fish.

I stay away from Tuna as they are bigger fish which are a little higher in the food chain and can have high levels of mercury etc. I just feel safer feeding canned sardines and salmon....I find it hard to find canned makerel without added salt. The meat balls which you are feeding...are they raw hamburg rolls??? I feed my dogs a morning meal of kibble (solid gold) and an evening meal of raw...when I feed the canned fish I will add it to their morning kibble instead of adding canned dog food to the kibble (my dogs would starve before they ate just plain kibble!) I some times will feed the canned fish with rice and blended veggies also...my dogs will eat this mixture and seem crazy about it.

Thanks Cassie, I've actually seen the site you're talking about some time in the past, I'd forgotten about it! I'll have to have another look at it when I don't have 101 assignments due within the next week...
I don't know how big Australian Salmon get, or where they are in the food chain, I'll have to check that one out. For now its cheap and has no added salt, so its ok for basics, I guess I just want to feed Montie lots of expensive stuff, like $20kg fish! :lol:
The meat balls are human grade mince mixed with eggs, Australian Salmon, Kelp, Wheat shoot powder, oil, Apple Cider Vinager etc and mixed with a product called vets all natural when I give them to him. Vets all natural is a mix that you soak for 20 hours before feeding and its supposed to mimic a preys digestive tract. The breeder gave me some, you can't get it here so once that runs out I'll just be mixing veggies in with his meat balls.

• 3 weeks later...

I give my little Cattle dog mix as well as my GIGANTIC St. Bernard mix the Missing Link every day. It not only has good phytochemicals, but it also has good bacteria which produces good stools. Neither have any problems with allergies and their coats look lustrous (despite not having a bath for a long time!)
Give it a try!