Dogomania

Before I get into trouble here too

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Alright.. I got myself into a bit of trouble on another board ([url]www.dogproblems.com[/url]) So Im going to ask this here too. We recently got an additional puppy.. She is Cute as a button :-).. however.. I also got a cage for her during the day when we are at work. My question is, we have an additional dog in an additional cage also. Should we put the cages there the dogs can see one another or should we put them into different rooms? Im not sure how to do that, Im affraid if one barks it will be like following in suit for the other one..

Comments, Suggestions?

We have one large crate, one med crate and now a large xpen. We have 3 dogs. When they were not quite so large we would crate them all together in one crate (there were no dog aggression problems to worry about.) For a while we had to split them between two crates and they were louder. Now we have the xpen - over 2 1/2 m in diameter - and the are back together with lots of room to play and they are fine again. All of my dogs have been crate trained since puppydom so that may contribute. Having them together helps Kavik who has a bit of seperation anxiety.

I have two dogs which I crate during the day when I'm at school. The crates are side-by-side so that they can still hear each other, in case they get scared (I don't actually know if they do get scared, but just the same). I have a little space in between (about a foot) so that if one dog gets roudy and starts knocking its kennel, it doesn't desturb the other.

I've done it this way for two puppies, and it's worked great. There hasn't been any problems.

PS: if one/both of them are tired or they need a drink, but we can't wait around for them to get one (my dogs take at least an hout per one drink) I usually just stick a little bowel of water in the crate with them. But when I put food in with them, they growl at each other, so I don't recomend it.

Hope this has helped.