Dogomania

Feeding more than one brand of canned food

Kiger

We did this with our dogs (swapped brands and flavours) and it made no difference to them... so I suppose it would be ok? Each dog is different though, but ours don't really seem to care what flavour it is as long as it's food and they get it. There's a Far Side cartoon with a woman and her dogs and the caption is "OH BOY!! DOG FOOD [i]AGAIN[/i]!!!" and I reckon that about sums it up. :D

[quote name='bk_blue']There's a Far Side cartoon with a woman and her dogs and the caption is "OH BOY!! DOG FOOD [i]AGAIN[/i]!!!" and I reckon that about sums it up. :D[/quote]

I thought that too, but he will turn his nose up at the lamb but scarf down the chicken and duck. And why don't you ever see beef food anymore?

I will have to check that one out. I was feeding Canidae canned, but they changed it and it is so fishy smelling it made me gag. The Wellness smells like something I could eat if, say, I was trapped under something heavy and only had access to the bottom shelf of the pantry. :lol:

There is a great website about nutrition that I have been directed to recently. The lady obviously has worked with Eagle Pack Company so she often speaks of their food but she has provided her list of good foods which closely resembles WDJ. Anyway she has this interesting article about mixing brands. Thought you might like to read
[url]http://www.greatdanelady.com/articles/problems_with_mixing_different_brands_of_foods.htm[/url]

Feel free to look around at the rest of the articles. So far everything I have read seems to make perfect sense.