Dogomania

Explain this behavior please

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Alright guys...I need some opinions.

Kika is the alpha, right?

Well, as I'm sitting here, she is going after him, biting his cheek, but not hurting him. It's not play...trust me. She's screaming at him.

So, what's he do? Kinda backs down, yet he walks in front of her, as if he's blocking off her path. Then, he turns his butt to her head....something SHE would do if in heat. Not a sound out of him.

Nothing provoked this, that I'm aware of. They were fine, as far as I could tell. When ever I'm on the computer they are both near me and I saw nothing before this.

What's up with this? They co-exist really well, normally.

They had each gotten a treat about 5 minutes before hand....but nothing special other than that.

Ideas????

Oh, now they are acting fine, but they are both scanning the floor with their laser noses.

I don't get it. :roll:

Guest Anonymous

Ok. Thanks for the info. I kinda wondered if she was trying to show who's boss.

Like I told Newfiemom in an earlier thread, I'll take all four of her naughty (today they were) Newfs and Kika (Miss 19 pounds) will whip them ALL into shape! :lol:

Sounds like they're just reaffirming the pack order. I have a large male and a mid-size female, and they spar like this all the time. They also get
along well, but once in a while she gets "uppity" and tries to take over.

He backs down and turns his back on her as well, as if to say "I'm ignoring you, go away". She settles down then until next time.

This goes on all the time. I just ignore them both now and let them work it out.

Hope that helps.

Katy