Dogomania

*my bored billy*

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hi,
My pup( j.r.t/eskimo mix, male, 4 months) seems to be getting bored lately. He is my first dog and maybe I need a little help in the game department? I know fetch & I hide things for him to find; although I'm not to good at that last one. He is very smart and I was wondering if anyone knew any games that could exercise his mind. Thank you :laola:

Guest Anonymous

Hi 1223!
I was wondering if anyone knew of any fun games. Not just fun for him but maybe for the both of us :) . He is very smart, and maybe some games that exercise his mind will do him some good. Do they teach games and how to play well together at puppy classes? :angel:

Hello!
I have a similar problem with mine. I got some interesting answers under "Games for Herding Breeds." The recommendations I got were standard obedience, agility and tracking too. No one mentioned Flyball, but that is great if your dog is obsessed with the tennis ball.

I highly, highly recommend obedience class. There you can meet other people that may want to be more active with their dogs beyond sit, stay and heel. That can be a great source of new activities.

That being said, I say try everything and see what your dog responds too. Our dogs make up their own games, we just have to watch a lot and learn the rules. Don't be afraid to make an a-- of yourself. Part of playing with your dog is acting excited about what you are doing too. My husband can get our dog to fetch for hours, just by acting goofy with him. I am not quite as talented

Also, as your dog is essentially part sled dog, maybe he would be interested in some sort of pulling activity. He is really young so research it before you make him pull any weight, so be careful. You don't want to cripple him. But, there may be some training activities he can get excited about.