Dogomania

cockapoo or maltese rescues?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I really want to adopt one of these or another small breed dog as a companion for my cockapoo Rita. Does anyone know of rescues for these guys? Or reputable breeders? I live in Texas.

Here's some Maltese off petfinder.

[img]http://www.petfinder.com/fotos/TX196.1336357.jpg[/img]

Kylie
Dog
Poodle,Maltese Mix

Size: Small
Sex: Female
I.D:

Notes:

Kylie is a new girl, she is a lovebug, but has not had such a great life. She will need a special home- that will show her humans can be trusted and loved!

If interested in Adopting, please submit an adoption application by visiting our adoption area.
Adoptions in Dallas/ Ft. Worth area ONLY.

This pet is: up to date with routine shots, altered

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This pet is eligible for a gift of the first two months of ShelterCare pet insurance paid for by Petfinder.com [Click] E-mail this pet to a friend!

Richardson Humane Society
Richardson, TX
[email][email protected][/email]

[img]http://www.petfinder.com/fotos/TX169.1223315.jpg[/img]

Daisy
Dog
Maltese

I.D: Daisy

Notes: If you want a SWEET lap dog, this is THE one. Daisy is calm, yet very friendly. Her idea of heaven is to just sit on her human's lap all night watching TV.

For information on this little dog, please email the foster family . ([email protected])

If you are interested in adopting this little dog, please fill out an APPLICATION. Our dogs are fully vetted before you adopt them – which includes all shots (DHPPC, Bordetella and Rabies), heartworm and fecal tests, spay/neuter and dental procedure. Our adoption fee covers the cost of these procedures. In addition, if the dog has any medical condition when we get them, we treat that as well, including heartworm disease, mange, kennel cough, etc. We also provide a two-month health guarantee – if your vet finds anything that we would have treated, we will have our vet treat the condition at no charge to you. And, for any dog adopted before Thanksgiving, we will give you a gift certificate to have their 2003 shots (DHPPC, Bordetella and Rabies) done at our vet FREE.

[img]http://www.petfinder.com/fotos/TX235.1034506.jpg[/img]

Gus-Gus
Dog
Maltese

Sex: Male
I.D:

Notes: One day when Gus was 12 years old his owner took him to be groomed. Instead of going home that day he was taken to a kill shelter and left there to be adopted or killed. The reason given was that Gus was old and deaf and that he no longer did his "tricks." He did not make adoption because he showed aggression toward the shelter workers. Anne Staudt took Gus into her home to foster. He is totally deaf. At one time had broken both his radius and ulna. These broken bones were never set. Aside from all this he was in good health. His attitude needed a great deal of adjustment. It was obvious that he had been abused and treated roughly. Gus wanted no one to touch him. He could only be picked up from behind. He would act playful, but when a human joined in he would bite. It was realized that this was his manner of playing. This is how his previous owner treated him. He showed no hint of wanting to be cuddled and petted. That was a year ago. Gus-Gus has calmed down and even likes to be picked up and petted. He does not shower anyone with licks, but rather will give a courteous, token kiss when he feels like doing so. He now likes to play hide-and-seek, and catch-me-if-you-can. Gus has the stamina of a much younger dog and is a big tease. Even tho he has mellowed a great deal, he still shies away when a hand is coming too fast toward him. If you are interested in Gus please complete an application found on our website [url]www.americanmaltese.org[/url] and contact Andrea Kosar at 817-297-1730.
American Maltese Association
Stephenville, TX
908-630-9186

Here are some Cockapoos. (just found out they're all adopted, but this girl :cry: ) (good they were adopted, but bad she wasn't!)

[img]http://www.petfinder.com/fotos/TX180.1310040.jpg[/img]

VANNA
Dog
Cockapoo

Size: Medium
I.D: rescue

Notes: My name is VANNA and I am an 18 month old buff colored Cockapoo. My mom is here also. She is a White with red Cocker Spaniel. She is 3 years old. Our owner dumped us here for Christmas. Can you believe some people? Once we are cleaned and groomed, we are gonna be gorgeous!!!! We will be spayed and current on our vaccinations before going to our new homes. We would like to go together but we can be separated also. All we really want is a good home. We would be eternally greatful. If you would like more information, please call Debbie at home 915-942-1548 or 915-374-7899 (cell)or e-mail [email][email protected][/email] Do not contact the Humane Society on us because they are on vacation until Jan 2nd. Love VannA :o)

This pet is: up to date with routine shots, altered

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This pet is eligible for a gift of the first two months of ShelterCare pet insurance paid for by Petfinder.com [Click] E-mail this pet to a friend!

Humane Society of Tom Green County
San Angelo, TX
915-653-8056

• 2 months later...

Hi,
I do wish I could take him, I have two Maltese dogs now. I live in a small duplex and I have to pay extra every month for my two dogs. I had to beg the landlord to let me have my dogs here in the first place, you know how that goes! We would do anything for our "kids". I would love to have him, I don't know how well he would get along with other dogs, being they are both 4 years old and very active. I do hope he is being well taken care of now, I am sure he is being in a foster home. He sure is a cutie, and I can't believe anyone can be cruel to any animal. I think there should be way stiffer laws against abusers of animals.
Thank you. :angel: