Dogomania

Advantage, Frontline, etc...

Kiger

Guest Anonymous

According to this you can!
[url]http://www.1800petmeds.com/ph_results.asp?searchtype=group&searchstring=OTC&curpage=1[/url]

At least for Frontline...didn't check for advantage.

Is your vet nice enough to just let you call in and get it? Ours will, and ours is a lot cheaper than what you get on line. Didn't get any last year and had NO flea or tick problems! YEAH!

I have gotten my last two orders of Frontline from KV Vet Supply, they were the cheapest. Went to their site just now, seems they no longer have it! AARRGGHH! Did not charge extra for shipping on that either.
I also checked [url]http://www.healthypets.com[/url]
Right now, the 6 pack for dogs 45-88 lbs is $42.85. The 6 pack for dogs 23-44 lbs is $40.85. They have a flat rate shipping of $3.50 unless your order is over $100, then no shipping fee.
This is in the U.S. so not sure who it might be helpful to.

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='newfiemom']I just received the new Foster & Smith catalog. They have both Frontline and Advantage in there.[/quote]

Oh good! So I should be getting one ASAP too!

Guest Anonymous

For their dry food:

Drs. Foster & Smith Dry Adult Dog Foods
Chicken & Brown Rice Formula
Lamb & Brown Rice Formula

Drs. Foster & Smith Chicken & Brown Rice Formula Adult Dry Dog Food

Guaranteed Analysis

Crude Protein (min.) 24% (27% dry matter basis)
Crude Fat (min.) 14% (16% dry matter basis)
Crude Fiber (max.) 3.5% (4% dry matter basis)
Moisture (max.) 10%
Omega-6 Fatty Acids (min.) 3%* (3% dry matter basis)
Omega-3 Fatty Acids (min.) .6%* (.7% dry matter basis)
*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles.
Calorie Content

ME (kcal/kg) = 3,483 (calculated)
One cup contains 395 calories

Ingredients: Chicken, Chicken Meal, Brown Rice, Whole Barley, Rice, Rice Bran, Chicken Fat (naturally preserved with mixed tocopherols, citric acid, and rosemary), Natural Flavor, Whole Ground Flaxseed, Egg Product, Sweet Potatoes, Carrots, Apples, Herring Oil, Brewers Dried Yeast, Kelp, Potassium Chloride, Dicalcium Phosphate, Vitamin E Supplement, Garlic, Dehydrated Lactobacillus acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dehydrated Bacillus subtilis Fermentation Product, Dehydrated Bifidobacterium thermophilum Fermentation Product, Dehydrated Bifidobacterium longum Fermentation Product, Dehydrated Enterococcus faecium Fermentation Product, Sodium Ascorbate (source of Vitamin C), Choline Chloride, Zinc Proteinate (source of chelated Zinc), Iron Proteinate (source of chelated Iron), Zinc Sulfate, Iron Sulfate, Beta Carotene, Manganese Proteinate (source of chelated Manganese), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Manganese Sulfate, Niacin, Vitamin A Supplement, Cobalt Proteinate (source of chelated Cobalt), Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin Supplement, Copper Proteinate (source of chelated Copper), Vitamin D3 Supplement, Copper Sulfate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Ethylene Diamine Dihydriodide (source of Iodine), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Folic Acid, Menadione Dimethylpyrimidinol Bisulfite (source of Vitamin K activity), Sodium Selenite.

Guest Anonymous

Lamb and Rice formula:

Drs. Foster & Smith Lamb & Brown Rice Formula Adult Dry Dog Food

Guaranteed Analysis

Crude Protein (min.) 21% (23% dry matter basis)
Crude Fat (min.) 11% (12% dry matter basis)
Crude Fiber (max.) 3.5% (4% dry matter basis)
Moisture (max.) 10%
Omega-6 Fatty Acids (min.) 2.5%* (3% dry matter basis)
Omega-3 Fatty Acids (min.) .5%* (.6% dry matter basis)
*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles.
Calorie Content

ME (kcal/kg) = 3,263 (calculated)
One cup contains 359 calories

Ingredients: Lamb Meal, Lamb, Brown Rice, Barley, Rice, Rice Bran, Sunflower Oil (naturally preserved with mixed tocopherols, citric acid, and rosemary), Whole Ground Flaxseed, Natural Flavor, Sweet Potatoes, Carrots, Apples, Potassium Chloride, Kelp, Vitamin E Supplement, Garlic, Sodium Ascorbate (source of Vitamin C), Dehydrated Lactobacillus acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dehydrated Bacillus subtilis Fermentation Product, Dehydrated Bifidobacterium thermophilum Fermentation Product, Dehydrated Bifidobacterium longum Fermentation Product, Dehydrated Enterococcus faecium Fermentation Product, Choline Chloride, Zinc Proteinate (source of chelated Zinc), Iron Proteinate (source of chelated Iron), Zinc Sulfate, Iron Sulfate, Beta Carotene, Manganese Proteinate (source of chelated Manganese), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Manganese Sulfate, Niacin, Vitamin A Supplement, Cobalt Proteinate (source of chelated Cobalt), Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin Supplement, Copper Proteinate (source of chelated Copper), Vitamin D3 Supplement, Copper Sulfate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Ethylene Diamine Dihydriodide (source of Iodine), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Folic Acid, Menadione Dimethylpyrimidinol Bisulfite (source of Vitamin K activity), Sodium Selenite.

Guest Anonymous

Yes, on their website. And they compaired their food to Wellness...somewhere.

Here's the link to the page.
[url]http://www.drsfostersmith.com/general.cfm?siteid=0&gid=88[/url]

If you're interested, you can definitely save money using healthypets.com
I have used them before and always happy with the service, speed of shipping, and their willingness to make it right if a mistake occurred.
I once ordered a 5 lb bag of Missing Link Plus. They mistakenly sent me a 1 lb bag. I went online and talked to a customer service rep. Asked if they would send me the remaining 4 lbs in 1 lb bags or what? She said it was our mistake, I will get the 5 lb bag out to you tonight and don't worry about the 1 lb it won't be charged to you. I was pleased with that response.
No, I am not affiliated with them in any way! On the BELG-L list, we frequently have 'who knows the cheapest and/or best info for ???' discussions.

I was surprised that the food looked good too, but it would have been nice if they had included the ingredients in their catalog. I think it's kinda odd that they sell Iams since it looks like they put some effort into creating their own food and therefore have an idea of what's good. Iams is like sawdust now. If you want a good laugh check out the Hill's website where they compare their food to a whole bunch of actual premium food. Theirs is "better" because dogs like the taste more. I bet my dog likes potato chips more too! Plus it comes in cool shapes so it must be better. :roll:
It took me 10 minutes just to find the ingredient list and look at the first 5:
[b]Brewers rice, ground wheat, turkey meal, corn gluten meal, soybean meal[/b] Hmmm.... :-?
Here's their oh so scientific test:

[url]http://naturesbest.sciencediet.com/more/difference.asp[/url]

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='Kiger']I was surprised that the food looked good too, but it would have been nice if they had included the ingredients in their catalog. I think it's kinda odd that they sell Iams since it looks like they put some effort into creating their own food and therefore have an idea of what's good. Iams is like sawdust now. If you want a good laugh check out the Hill's website where they compare their food to a whole bunch of actual premium food. Theirs is "better" because dogs like the taste more. I bet my dog likes potato chips more too! Plus it comes in cool shapes so it must be better. :roll:
It took me 10 minutes just to find the ingredient list and look at the first 5:
[b]Brewers rice, ground wheat, turkey meal, corn gluten meal, soybean meal[/b] Hmmm.... :-?
Here's their oh so scientific test:

[url]http://naturesbest.sciencediet.com/more/difference.asp[/url][/quote]

What a crock. Yes, my dogs would rather eat potato chips as well....and chocolate!