Dogomania

Dog in her season

Bronxie

My 7 month old cocker spaniel just got her ahem... not so clean feeling time today. :o Im new with dogs, and I feel so bad for her :oops: Do u guys have any steps you recommend me taking in making her feel better or keeping the house clean? Thankies
[img]http://www.napsterites.org/bronxcutie/Picture%2087.jpg[/img]
Elle thanks u too

Well I'm drawing on stuff I've read so I hope some of it helps. While you female is in season, she might be moody, happy, cranky, playful, shy, outgoing etc etc! Each one differs in how they react to these hormonal fluctuations. If she 'just wants to be alone', allow her some space. If she wants to cuddle and seek assurance from you, by all means cuddle and love on her. If previously perfectly trained, she may have some lapses, both in obedience and housetraining. You can get some doggie underwear or 'bitches britches' probably at a pet store to keep things a bit cleaner around the house. You may need to confine her to a specific portion of the house, perhaps a tiled floor area such as the kitchen? That will keep the spots off the furniture or rugs.
Of huge importance, and please don't think I'm assuming you don't already know this, she is to NEVER go outside by herself OR off leash while in season, I would count on being by her side and on the lookout for males for the next 4 weeks.
In fact, unless you will be showing her and perhaps breeding her, why not get her spayed as soon as she is done with her season so the both of you do not have to go through this again? Will make both your lives SO MUCH EASIER! :D

Guest Anonymous

I put my cocker in my sons underwear (old small pair) and cut a hole for her tail!!! :lol: I pinned the back with a cloth diaper pin.. when they got "dirty" i just thru them in the wash!! She was "Cool" in her Hanes!! :onfire:

[quote name='Jacsmom']I put my cocker in my sons underwear (old small pair) and cut a hole for her tail!!! :lol: I pinned the back with a cloth diaper pin.. when they got "dirty" i just thru them in the wash!! She was "Cool" in her Hanes!! :onfire:[/quote]

LOL I was planning on putting a pair of my undies on her :D
Thanks for the advice you guys! It's really apreciated. We do see a difference in her, but not a bad one. She's usually extremely hyper, but now she's calm. Still lovable though (she likes hugs and kisses) I know the cat is thrilled cuz she's always rough housing him but now she is ignoring him. A bit of a good break for the cat lol :lol: Thanks again guys. It's just me, my mom, the dog, a female cat, and male cat. 4 against 1 so we all feel for Elle. :o