Dogomania

A bullmastiffs diet.

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hi, at the moment me and my wife are looking for a Bullmastiff. We have seen a lovely dog in the RSPCA which we are enquiring about. I've had large dogs before so im used to feeding them, walking them etc. I'm just wondering what is the best method of feeding. I.e. how many times a day and what kind of foods. I'd appreciate any advice that you can forward. Thanks in advance. Dan.
[email][email protected][/email]

• 1 month later...
Guest Anonymous

Exactly!! Two meals a day, elevated feeding bowls, no exercise or water right after teating!!!

Good luck with your Bully. I can guarantee your life will change forever, there is not a more wonderful breed out there!!

Lisa

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Guest (Dan)']Hi, at the moment me and my wife are looking for a Bullmastiff. We have seen a lovely dog in the RSPCA which we are enquiring about. I've had large dogs before so im used to feeding them, walking them etc. I'm just wondering what is the best method of feeding. I.e. how many times a day and what kind of foods. I'd appreciate any advice that you can forward. Thanks in advance. Dan.
[email][email protected][/email][/quote]

Well what can i say, Welcome to the world of Bullmastiffs Dan, you have made a good choice there.

As a lover and owner of Bullmastiffs they are a very loyal and laid back breed who will do nothing more than to please you, they should have good quality dry food which is best for a Bullmastiff as they are prone to skin allergies, which can sometimes occure if given the wrong or cheap food. However choosing the right food isnt easy and boy do i know it, depending on if the Bully as a allergic reaction to what he is being fed on or not, noticible signs are hard lumps on the skin which form crusts or a dull coat...but if after a month he is fine and theres no skin problems just a shiny healthy coat, then the food is good.

Depending on where you live, it would be difficult for me to tell you which food mine have, as the brands are different in other countries.
Mine is fed 2 cupfuls twice a day, morning and night...with some sliced fruit like apples, pears which mine love.

All the best, need anymore advice just ask!
Let us know how you get on and send in some photos of him!!!!!!