Dogomania

What would you try?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I posted before regarding my new min-pin. I have 4 all together, and I've house trained the previous three without a problem. However, this new one is being quite the challenge. :roll: [u]All[/u] methods, and suggestions that I have recieved from my vet, dog trainers, and all you wonderful people here in this forum, have been tried. I understand and expected patience, however, I also expected [u]progress[/u], which there is none. I wonder, is it possible for a dog to be...mentally challenged? :-? I'm really starting to wonder. I know many people with min-pins, and they're beginning to wonder as well. I've discontinued the crate method with concerns for her health. She soils herself in there that she needs a bath everyday, and her skin is starting to become dry and flaky. She does go outside, but not all the way. She holds some of it for when she comes back inside. I've never seen or heard of a dog doing that. :o I don't know what to do anymore, so I'm asking what would you do? [/b]

[quote name='hockeyfan']I posted before regarding my new min-pin. I have 4 all together, and I've house trained the previous three without a problem. However, this new one is being quite the challenge. :roll: [u]All[/u] methods, and suggestions that I have recieved from my vet, dog trainers, and all you wonderful people here in this forum, have been tried. I understand and expected patience, however, I also expected [u]progress[/u], which there is none. I wonder, is it possible for a dog to be...mentally challenged? :-? I'm really starting to wonder. I know many people with min-pins, and they're beginning to wonder as well. I've discontinued the crate method with concerns for her health. She soils herself in there that she needs a bath everyday, and her skin is starting to become dry and flaky. She does go outside, but not all the way. She holds some of it for when she comes back inside. I've never seen or heard of a dog doing that. :o I don't know what to do anymore, so I'm asking what would you do? [/b][/quote]

Hi Hockeyfan.
Theres always one :roll:, well here is a link i think you will be interested in to help you with your Puppy's Housetraining!

(Some puppies are quick learners, where as others are slow)!

[url]http://www.perfectpaws.com/htrp.html[/url]

Good Luck!

I'm not an expert bout this but play with her outside and then sit out there until she goes any keep saying go potty. I have no idea I've never heard of that! :-? when she does go out side pet her and say good girl....pretend she is just a couple weeks old. Maybe she has a week bladder???? Hope that helps you its not much but that is what i would do. Good Luck :)

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='hockeyfan']I posted before regarding my new min-pin. I have 4 all together, and I've house trained the previous three without a problem. However, this new one is being quite the challenge. :roll: [u]All[/u] methods, and suggestions that I have recieved from my vet, dog trainers, and all you wonderful people here in this forum, have been tried. I understand and expected patience, however, I also expected [u]progress[/u], which there is none. I wonder, is it possible for a dog to be...mentally challenged? :-? I'm really starting to wonder. I know many people with min-pins, and they're beginning to wonder as well. I've discontinued the crate method with concerns for her health. She soils herself in there that she needs a bath everyday, and her skin is starting to become dry and flaky. She does go outside, but not all the way. She holds some of it for when she comes back inside. I've never seen or heard of a dog doing that. :o I don't know what to do anymore, so I'm asking what would you do? [/b][/quote]
What does your veterinarian say about this problem?
How long have you stuck with any on method before switching to another?
Changing methods can really confuse a dog.
If its not health I think I would try clicker training with her - most dogs seem to 'get it' with that method see [url]www.clickertraining.com[/url] for some ideas

Guest Anonymous

Okay guys I must have missed this one!! Was she on a really strict potty schedule?? That is alot of help and you may thing this is dumb but no lie it is true my dogs go with a command. I take my dogs out and say " Go pee potty(not the best choice of words I admit but) or go poo potty" and they go. It took one month for my female Cocker and the Lab took 3 1/2 months but they go on command. It is just being consistant and on a schedule. It truly helps when on a trip. Another one I have took 8 months to house train. So keep your head up!! :D

They do this with seeing eye dogs and several service dogs too.