Dogomania

sudden peeing in the house

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Please Help!
I have a four month old Beagle puppy who does extremely well in his crate. He also has learned to go sit by the back door when he needs to go out. Before two days ago, it had been close to three weeks since he had peed in the house.
The last two nights though we've had a real problem with him peeing in the house. He doesn't go to the door first or even go back to the same spot. It also only happens at night after we have taken him out for his exercise. He does it three or four times in a row, sometimes with only 5-10 minutes between each time and I take him out in between.
He stays in his crate during the day for 5 hours at a time and will not do anything in it. I don't know what is causing his behavior. It it happened at all times of the day I would think it could be something medical but I don't think so.
Please any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm pretty sure it isn't submissive or excitement peeing and I want to know how to stop it.

Guest Anonymous

Any time there is a sudden change in potty habits its worth having the vet check the dog out. Urinary tract infections are not uncommon in pups and this could be the issue - also could be something like stones in bladder or kidney - best case would be its a matter of he forgets to go because he is playing (Like a potty trained kid might) but check the medical end first.

[quote name='guest']Please Help!
I have a four month old Beagle puppy who does extremely well in his crate. He also has learned to go sit by the back door when he needs to go out. Before two days ago, it had been close to three weeks since he had peed in the house.
The last two nights though we've had a real problem with him peeing in the house. He doesn't go to the door first or even go back to the same spot. It also only happens at night after we have taken him out for his exercise. He does it three or four times in a row, sometimes with only 5-10 minutes between each time and I take him out in between.
He stays in his crate during the day for 5 hours at a time and will not do anything in it. I don't know what is causing his behavior. It it happened at all times of the day I would think it could be something medical but I don't think so.
Please any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm pretty sure it isn't submissive or excitement peeing and I want to know how to stop it.[/quote]

Guest Anonymous

I would think that perhaps my Beagle had some physical problem except for two facts. When he is out of his cage in the morning, me never pees in the house but goes to the door like usual. Secondly, he holds it for 5 hours while we are gone and he is in his crate.
In response to the person who said that it might be the exercise causing it, I again would think that except the peeing usually doesn't occur until two hours or so after we have gotten in from the run.
Could it be that he's acting out about something?

Thanks for the help.

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='guest']I would think that perhaps my Beagle had some physical problem except for two facts. When he is out of his cage in the morning, me never pees in the house but goes to the door like usual. Secondly, he holds it for 5 hours while we are gone and he is in his crate.
In response to the person who said that it might be the exercise causing it, I again would think that except the peeing usually doesn't occur until two hours or so after we have gotten in from the run.
Could it be that he's acting out about something?

Thanks for the help.[/quote]

Try the vet first before making guesses - while it could be the dog is fine and just not as housebroken as you thought it also could be a health issue and its not worth the risk for the damage such an issue could cause waiting on finding out if its an infection or something like that.