Dogomania

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my puppies are bald

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

can someone please help with the situation i have. i have two mix dushund about 6 mths old. around two months the female had a severe rash all over her body with puss bumps and everything..and the rash dried out so did her skin and her hair began to fall.. later on her brother started to lose hair but not because of a rash..i just started to fall lil by lil..but the female has it worst she looks like a baby elephant.... and now that the summer is coming no hair can have an effect on the pups..so can someone please help with this problem..its worrying me that her hair doesn't grow.. thanks

Guest Anonymous

Have you talked to your vet about this? It could be a bacterial or viral infection. I know my horses sometimes get what is called ringworm. It takes off their hair in a circular pattern. If you don't take care of it, it spreads. I suggest you talk to your vet or whoever you got the puppies from and see if there are others from the litter with this problem.

Guest Anonymous

yes i talked the the vet but at the time all he could tell me is that she is alergic to fleas cuz she had a rash at first and it created pus bumps.. i've just recently found out tho that the puppies mamma sister well they had her for about 6 years and recently her hair started falling out.. so it could also be heredity... but the hair on her chest is completely bald... i've changed the food so see if later on its gotten better...so i pray for the best that it is the food..
thanks

Guest Anonymous

[quote]
On 2002-02-27 16:49, jessy wrote:
yes i talked the the vet but at the time all he could tell me is that she is alergic to fleas cuz she had a rash at first and it created pus bumps.. i've just recently found out tho that the puppies mamma sister well they had her for about 6 years and recently her hair started falling out.. so it could also be heredity... but the hair on her chest is completely bald... i've changed the food so see if later on its gotten better...so i pray for the best that it is the food..
thanks
[/quote]

WHat is the color of these dogs=
Could it be color mutant Calopecia ?
Affects mostly blue and fawn dogs.

• 1 month later...