Dogomania

Peeing?

Teufelhunden

I have a 4 month old Shepherd Neewa, He is a sweetie, but when he is excited he pees, when he comes in from outside site to be pet he pees.. what is up with this? and for being 4 months his little member keeps making a showing when he is peeing?

Kind of puzzling as he is wagging his tail and licking me but peeing...
Also he seems to lick excessive to the point where it is not cute anymore it is constant...

He was abandoned when he was very young and we got him at 2 months old.

Any input would be appreciated, thanks,

Chris

• 3 months later...

I'm no pro, however, I think this might be due to his abandonment and perhaps experiences as a pup... A doggie behaviorist can really help with submissive peeing by determining what triggers it.

Try having the pooch come to you while crouched and have it sit in front of you. Speak softly and don't be overly dominant. If it attempts to lick you without your permission, pull away and say "No" gently. If the dog attempts to come after you to lick, have it sit again. Practice the procedure of having him obey your commands in a non threatening pose and praise for him doing what you want him to do. If there is defiance don't reward. Make sure that you always lead. If your dog comes and wants a pat or rub or attention make him sit first. Once you're the leader, you can provide reward...

Hope this helps.. again, a pro is much better at this but try and see what happens...

• 1 year later...

As he is so young it could be excitement pee - as they get older they usually learn to control their bladders a bit better. Ours used to leave a wiggley trail of wee when we came home because his tail was wagging so much, he has grown out of it now. If it is excitement that causes it you might want to make coming home and coming in from the garden a bit more low key until he can handle it a bit better.