Dogomania

Calling all doberman owners

Net_Kitten

HELP! lol
I have a 1 1/2 yr old female doberman, Chloe. Ill be honest in saying that I didnt want this particular dog, she was my husbands idea, but I have grown to love her. I myself love the rotties. I had to laugh because when we got our rottie puppy, my husband being accustomed to the doberman had asked "do you think the puppy feels ok" to which I replied, "shes fine, she comes and play and gets her lovins and then lays down". He isnt used to a dog that lays down for more than 2.4 seconds :lol:

Like other dobermans Ive been around, shes extremly active, more active than I often want to deal with. He works second shift so Im the one primarily with the dog and some days she about makes me crazy.

My question is, at what age if ever, do they settle down? Please tell me she wont be this hyper forever!

Bitches are said to get half of their brains at their 2nd birthday, and the other half on their 4th. Luckily my Doberman has at least half a brain!

Ilsa started to calm down after she turned two, but she does get a lot of mental and physical workouts. A Doberman will never settle down if it doesn't have a job to do. These are working dogs and need to get out and be mentally stimulated every day.

When Ilsa was a teenager, she was constantly on the go - and believe me, it got annoying. She'd pace and pace and pace... and then pace some more. It stopped when I took her out to the dog park every day for 2-3 hours to let her run off steam... but there are still some days when she's full of piss 'n' vinegar!

With a little bit (um, I mean... a lot) of training and exercise, you can turn THIS...
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/lhartlep/General/100_3372.jpg[/img]

...into THIS!
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/lhartlep/General/100_4669.jpg[/img]

3 more years? :roll:

I had to chuckle at your comment about pacing, mine is doing that
as we speak! The kids went outside and the rottie puppy is in her pen
resting, so the dobie is pacing and whining, pacing and whining.

I have to admit, shes a stunningly beautiful animal , but good grief can she wear on your nerves.

Thanks for the tips!