Dogomania

IAMS CRUELTY...

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

"For nearly 10 months in 2002 and early 2003, a PETA investigator went undercover at an Iams contract testing laboratory and discovered a dark and sordid secret beneath the wholesome image of the dog- and cat-food manufacturer: dogs gone crazy from intense confinement to barren steel cages and cement cells, dogs left piled on a filthy paint-chipped floor after having chunks of muscle hacked from their thighs; dogs surgically debarked; horribly sick dogs and cats languishing in their cages, neglected and left to suffer with no veterinary care." - iamscruelty.com

Some of you have probably already read the headlines regarding this whole IAMS situation...but for those of you who haven't, I strongly urge you to go to [url]www.iamscruelty.com[/url] and read up on what this so called "wholesome" dog food company is really about. There are many holistic and animal cruelty free dog food companies that are out on the market that are also listed in the website, and ways in which you can send your message of concern to IAMS.... Have a look please...Thanx

Is this really true, or is this another PETA typical protest? Don't mean to offend, but most of what PETA does not help their name, like the Petco thing... I thought Petco does a pretty good job with sponsoring adopting days on the weekend. At least in my areas of Petco/Pet Smart stores.

I look at the list of dog food brands, and it implies all popular dog brand foods are not acceptable. Can most if not all vets in america be wrong about something like this? I would have think it'll be a bigger story if it's totally true.

I'm wondering where does people stand on this?

Guest Anonymous

Well first of all, most veterinarian schools do not offer courses on nutrition...so the fact is that most vets cannot give you a valuable answer on dog foods..second of all, IAMS is sold throughout vet clinics primarily because the two work out a deal in which both gain profit when each bag of IAMS is sold...so of course they are going to recommend it...

The fact is, IAMS needs to show that they are doing SOMETHING with the money that they make, and the public is quite guilable, so these so called "nutritional exams" are a perfect way for IAMS to make people think that they really care about the quality of the food. However, it is not just PETA that is on IAMS' back right now...various other animal organizations and humane societies throughout the U.S know what really goes on behind the scenes...

There are also various videos you can watch if you'd like to see the condition the animals are in...investigators from different groups have got all the proof they need to make customers realize that there are "kinder" brands out there.... Customers have a hard time believing it, and frankly, most dont care considering IAMS is cheap and available practically everywhere..so why bother goind the extra mile to find a different brand of dog food when you can step into your grocery store and there it is?

Not to mention, if IAMS had nothing to hide, they wouldn't say no to current humane societies and other various investigators that want to further inspect the IAMS labs... but the sad truth is, they have alot to hide, and that's why they are no longer allowing anybody to walk into their factories/labs/etc.