Dogomania

To all Pit Owners

Boscoe13

Hi it's me again its been a few week since I was last here.

I want to reach all pit owners or anyone who ever owned a pitbull before,
I need help, tips, things to do and NOT to do with my pitbull....

What type of games can i play with my pit and which ones do I avoid,
what training tips wouldyou have? He is good 90% of the time, he is 3 months old and he can get pretty wild sometimes, when he gets excited he loves to bite(I know he's not biting to be mean)I need to stop this so he doesn't do it in the future. I now puppies love to bite things but how can we teach him to not do it as much or stop all together. Its sometimes difficult even just to pet him. Here are some of the things i have done:

The NO! or STOP and Ouch words, the spray bottle (i think he likes it!),
well thanks to anyone ho helps me out

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

Hi.

I dont like those big classes its good for scoialization purposes but different dogs lear different ways and those classes can sometimes are on a schedule and your dog may not learn that way. I have two APBT and they are like night and day. the things Drey did as pup Deja doesnt do, things that took one a day to learn the other leans in 20 minutes. I suggest a one on one type setting and then socializing on the side as opposed to all at once. but like i said all dogs are individuals so your dog might not have a problem there... mine did. as far as the mouthing thing, what i did what when the dog would start that i would say no very firmly the first time. the second time they were separated from me for 5 or 10 minutes...(the best punishment, they hate to be kept from you) never hold a grudge. no matter what you tell them say it once and then position them or in the case of come go and get them. repetition is such a set back in OB. But when they do it either by thier own force or because you made them Praise like crazy. and be sure to get some goof nutritious puppy biscuits. not for every single try but every now and then... it keeps them interested. And as far as training if your in a bad mood - skip it. your dog will snense your off and not be on its best behavior so do some tricks that you know he knows even if all he knows is sit. and call it good.