Dogomania

Two Dogs, Crazy but playing?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Okay, here is my situation, I have two dogs, one is 8 months old the other is a month and a half old.. I can't distinguish between if they are playing or not.. Isabelle (8 Months) Towers Poor Molly ( Month and a half), and Isabelle keeps pouncing on her, they bark at one another like non stop.. And Molly even claws at her sometime as Isabelle tried to Bite Molly..

is this Dogs way of Playing because sometimes we see them give each other kisses or even lay side by side when they sleep..

how do you determine play vs. kill.. Anyway to stop the barking besides anti bark collars?

Guest Anonymous

OMG I could only imagine 5 of them going rounds.. I feel bad if I hit them at all like smack there behind :-(.. But its like they don't listen.. Can they really understand what no bark means? Poor Molly is only a month and a half old and she is so small.. I feel bad for hitting her.. :-(.. Isabelle hurts me if I smack her.. Meaning my hands hurts when I do it.. LOL..

I also have two dogs, and they ruff house a lot. And they're almost always playing (like 99.99% of the time) and I let them be, but you just got to watch them so that they don't play to ruff. And when one dog wants to quit, and the other don't , I usually put them in their crates or put one outside and one inside. It never hurts for them to be seperated for a little bit. I think it acctually helps because it gives them some down time away from each other.

I can always tell when they are actually fighting because they are snarling, snapping, biting, and yelping... not nipping,rolling, and barking. I mean, if you observe them and know their routine you'll be able to tell.

Oh, and just a thought: I think that it's ok to give your dog just a little slap, so that it doesn't hurt them at all it just gets their attention. DON'T HIT YOUR DOG, but it's ok to get a little up and personal with them. Well, that's my thought anyways, and I'm probably not explaining this real well and I'll probably be out debated on the issue... but just a thought.