Dogomania

A Puppy To Be Sold (Poem)

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hey, I noticed a few sad poems on here... so I decided to add one of my own! Sorry it's not really a happy one, but usually I only write poems when I'm sad, it's my venting methode ya know?
Well, this one I wrote about a year or so ago, doesn't show the best of my writing tallent, but it's not bad...

[u][b]A Puppy To Be Sold[/b][/u]
[b]Waiting to be bought,
I play alone, without a thought.
Someone draws near,
"Awing" is all I can hear.
They reach their hands in, then pull away as I start to teath.
They then turn around and leave.
Everyone just walks away,
Please don't leave me here to stay![/b]

I've had writers block for a couple weeks now, so once I get it back, I'll write you all a HAPPY dog poem to chear ya up from after all the sad ones! LOL

I like the poem, Hazel :) It's simple, but makes a good point. I'm the same way, I write mostly when I'm upset to vent feelings. I don't have many good poems on dogs though...I have to get worked up about something first...like if I went to a puppy mill site and read until I am in tears - probably get a good poem out of that, except that I really don't feel like going to one right now to intentionally depress myself so I can write a good poem! It really has to happen more naturally...like if I see a depressing story on the news and a poem starts to form in my head...that's how it happens. I know what you mean about the writer's block, you just can't force writing -it just happens! Most of my poems are really personal and have to do with friendships gone bad and such, but some are more general. Actually, I was going to post a dream poem on another post...but then I kept reading, and the post umm...went to a whole different level - couldn't bear to post my dream poem after that...(if you don't know what i'm talking about, look around at the posts...)

hmm...sorry, this probably should of been a pm - a little offtopic

Guest Anonymous

Yeah Cheetah, EXACTLLY! LOL (is a little off topic, but I don't think much people have veiwed it anyway LOL) Most of my poems I have are about bad relationships (one REALLY bad one in paticular that I FINALLY got outa about 6 months ago)... I got one of my poems in a book too... (yay me! :D ) Lost the order form though... and forget what it's called :roll: but if you go to [url]www.poetry.com[/url], then in the author search type in Shara Slorstad, you can find mine... there's two listed, the one that got in (if I remember correctly) is called "What Is Left" I think... If you really feel like it that is.

Both of those poems were really good! I really understood what you meant in "Fallen" when you said "I saw what I didn't need". I've learned the only way to heal and move on after losing a friend or someone close, is to understand that you don't need them to live - you can make new friends. (I don't know what your situation was, but I get your point) Eventually, you really just don't care as much...and losing that person starts to matter less and less to you because you learn to live without them. Maybe i'll send you some of my poems sometime, don't have time now...but sometime...