Dogomania

Dog Training down to a science..

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

[i]Well Im finally pleased to announce Isabelle ALMOST has potty training down to a science.. One problem.. She lets us know when she has to potty, like as in Pooping outside.. but she wont let us know about peenig.. She insists just squatting on the carpet.. Ive tried smacking her but.. Ive tried yelling BAD.. Ive tried locking her in the cage for an hour or something.. and theres no way to tell she is going to do it before she does.. And she knows she's done back because as soon as she gets done she runs for the bedroom and goes under the bed..

What am I to do?[/i]

Guest Anonymous

When you clean the spots use a water and vinegar mixture as this will remove the odor. Praise her when she does go outside, give her a treat. If you catch her in the act pick her up and take her out. Give her commands such as go potty.
Picture it like this if you spank or holler she is going to think well they just do not want me to go there so I will go in the hall or the bedroom... After she drinks and eats take her out in about 10-15 minutes. When she is kenneled take her out when she gets out of the kennel or crate..
Does she sniff before she goes on the floor? Most dogs will or they will have some kind of behavior before they go... Look for it, it maybe small but it is there... :wink:

Guest Anonymous

As for the sniffing thing.. Ive seen that before.. She will do that if she is going to poo in which case we can check.. If she pee's she just does and then looks at you like what are you going to do... Sometimes I dont think she knows shes doing it.. Like the other day she walked right behind us and just started peeing didn't even stop.. I was like oh my god.. :oops: so.. I dunno.. Does that Vinegar and water think also get up the spots? We are going through carpet cleaner like water :-(.. And its still spotty in some parts..