Dogomania

Peeing

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

OK guys...got a small problem....

One morning late last week I noticed a wet spot on our carpet (thankfully a small piece of carpet we are going to tear up)...it was dog pee. It had been storming that night so I figured Kika got scared and had an accident. She's deathly afraid of thunder.

Well, this morning I wake up to find the same spot wet.

I'm assuming it's Kika and not Kenzo or it wouldn't be a nice puddle.

When we are home, they have plenty of access to outside, via doggy door. Since yesterday was Sunday, they had access ALL day. We don't lock them in until we go to bed....

Now, Kenzo recently had a bladder infection and has been treated for that. Makes me wonder if she does as well, but wouldn't we have this more frequently?

Kika is 4 and Kenzo is 2. They are both Shibas, in case you can't figure that one out :wink: .

What else do you need to know.....
Hmmm....
The ONLY other times we've had potty problems is when Kika was too excited to see us in the morning and didn't go outside before we left..and then I got home early (sick) and found a mess.
Then, a few weeks ago we were gone and the neighbor forgot to let them out all day and of course, we had accidents, but that's not their fault. I think that's how Kenzo got his bladder infection.

Help, please!

Also, under this crappy carpet is a layer of vinyl and then hard wood, which is what we want to finish...don't want her to have a "pee area" on the hard wood. Don't want her to have a "pee area" at all!

Thanks!

Guest Anonymous

Is there a strong odor to the urine?? Or a possible "dribble" effect? I know the strong odor is a sign of an infection and so is the dribble... It maybe time for a trip to the vets office. :(

Guest Anonymous

Is someone mad at you??? :-? I know my cocker use to do that and you would have to kiss her tail before you went to bed.... :roll: She is very tempermental!!

Guest Anonymous

LOL! No...neither of them got in any trouble, both were loved and played with (well, Kika doesn't get played with...she doesn't understand how, or just doesn't want to cuz she was a "SHOW" girl :wink: ). She always comes to bed with me at night (I usually go before hubby does). UNLESS, she was mad cuz we went to bed at the same time and she didn't get to sleep next to me. She usually comes on the bed with me and when hubby comes to bed he kicks her off....not literally, of course! But last night we all four went up at once.

When I go to bed, I shut the bedroom door (keep the TV noise out) and then when he comes to bed, he leaves the door open so they can roam the house at night...plus, Kenzo usually is too TIRED to go to bed with us so he stays down stairs until HE'S ready, or hubby will carry him upstairs with us (spoiled???).

Guest Anonymous

We did switch their food recently (Wednesday)...did the gradual thing but they insisted on eating the new stuff and leaving their old stuff :roll: ..

Hubby came home to a runny poopy mess today as well as the pee this morning.... :(

I am having a similar problem with my acd's. they both did really well about going outside then someone had an accident and it started it all. now if we leave for more than a couple of hours we can count on there being some type of accident when we get home. this still happens even if we let them out right before we leave. i thought we were just not leaving them out long enough so i started staying out with them for about half hour at a time. thats not including all the time i spend with them outside playing already. i have tried a few things but no success yet. i let you know if i or they figure it out.

Guest Anonymous

Well, my husband came home to feces tonight as I said earlier. I came home, went in to the bathroom and found another mess. One more pile and two urine spots...one next to the feces and the other against the wall...so we know it's Kenzo or at least THAT one was.

SO, now we need to decide if it's medical or behavior... :(

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='gigishiba']Well, my husband came home to feces tonight as I said earlier. I came home, went in to the bathroom and found another mess. One more pile and two urine spots...one next to the feces and the other against the wall...so we know it's Kenzo or at least THAT one was.

SO, now we need to decide if it's medical or behavior... :([/quote]

Yep vet first and then worry about it being behavior.
In the meantime make sure to clean up accident spots with an enzyme type cleaner such as Natures Miracle, Simple Solution or Odor Mute etc to ensure all luring chemicals are really gone from the spots that got used.
Your dogs are not intact are they? intact females mark and boys respond to it in a similar fashion.
Also could be the food change is making them thirstier etc

Guest Anonymous

Kenzo was neutered in March and Kika was spade a month ago. Kenzo just got done taking meds for bladder infecition 10 days ago. Poor babies. Thanks for the advise. Any other advise is appreciated as well. Oh, niether the urine or feces was pungent. Could barely smell the feces and could only see the Mt Dew colored urine.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Guest Anonymous

OK. Now I REALLY need your help. Went to the vet today since we had more poo this morning.

Vet is out on vacation and has a referral vet, but the tech, who I trust, thinks it's behavioral.

ANY SUGGESTIONS????? We've NEVER had a problem like this before!

The only thing I can think of is that we were both home 3 days last week (sick) and maybe they are mad that we are back to work?????

I have NO idea.

HELP!!!