Dogomania

Suggestion on a family addition..

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

We have a 2 y/o lab mix and are looking for another dog. We have lots of room outside for them - in a 10 x 40 (1/4 of our yard) kennel while we are at work - and the entire yard while we are home. Along with a 3 & 8 y/o.

When we originally got the lab - they were mistaken on the actual mix, so he is now 20+ pounds larger that we had expected. So it will be another year or so before our 3 y/o will be able to play on his own with him. Our lab is kind of dope and doesn't realize his strength.

Until last month we also had a husky mix. He was part of our family for over 10 years, so our lab is in need of another daytime playmate.

Unfortanetly the first dog was a part of my the family before I came along and with my allergies I need them to be outside (except during the cold winter months). We are in WA so it doesn't get to extreem.

Any suggestions on our new additions? Basically: good with kids, another dopy fun loving playful dog.

Thanks for any help!!!!

Guest Anonymous

hi :lol: ,

To answer your Q, I was thinking probably a Golden Retriever? They are GREAT family dogs, extremely patient with kids, and other dogs. I have one myself, and she's a sweety! :lol: Or why not go for another Lab? You'd know what the breeds charastistics are because youv'e already got one(kinda)! Or if you really can't decide... go to an animal shelter! They have great dogs in need of loving homes, and they give as much love as a pedigree!

Just one more thing! :oops: I think it would be best to get an adult dog, so your dog would get a play mate straight away, and the dog will have had expierience and be gentle with kids, especially 3 year olds! From the shelter, I wouldn't really advise puppys, because most are cross breeds, and you'd never know if one of the pups had Great Dane in it's ancestry, or might not have the charastristics you are looking for! :wink:

Anyway, talked to much, :oops: hope this helps!

Bye! 8) :D

Guest Anonymous

Hi. I also live in Washington. I have two outside dogs (expect now I bring them in to cool off or to warm up) I have a beagle. They are awesome family pets, the perfect size, extremely cute, perfect length of coat, and are excellent with other dogs or just any other pets you might have. Beagles are never aggressive with any other dogs because they were bred to be pack dogs and to hunt in a pack so they get along great with other animals. That also makes them great with adults let alone kids. They are always so cute because they always look like a puppy. And belive me if you purchase a Beagle you will be purchasing not only a Beagle but also a clown! Beagles always trip over their ears which is histrectical to watch. They don't have any grooming involved expect a quick brushing every now and then. I really hope you take a Beagle when chosing a dog. Hope this helps you in your search! :wink:

Guest Anonymous

no question about this one!!
GOLDEN RETRIEVERS!! :lol: :D
if u want a dog that would adore u then get a golden retriever! they are realy good wit kids and even if they get older theyre fine wit kids even little ones
golden retrievers are easy to train and are cute adoring slobbery softies!!