Dogomania

Finding the right dog

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

[color=green][/color]
I have always wanted a Rottweiler because I like their personality, but being as I don't weigh very much, I'm considering a chocolate lab. Where can I get information on reputable breeders in Phoenix? I see they may have multiple health problems; what are my risks? Should I opt for picking a dog at a shelter? I also have a backyard with no grass, just gravel/rocks--would this be cruel for my pet? (there is a large community grass area just 2 minute walking distance away). Please help!

Guest Anonymous

Go to www. AKC.org to find a list of clubs that have breeder referall contacts, also you can look in your local newspaper under classified ads, once you find a breeder, even if you're not going to get your dog from them, they might belong to a breeding club and you can ask them for referralls. Also try going to your home page and typing in "Rottweiler", or "Rottweilers.com", or "Rottweiler Breeders" ( and the same thing for Chocolate Labs) Once you find a website, see if it has some links to other websites about that breed.

GOOD LUCK!! hope i've helped! :-?

Guest Anonymous

HI!
When I was looking for a Golden Retriever pupame across many websites and bookmarked them, I found one with labs. They are great breeders, (although I didn't get my pup from there) here is thier adress...
Bech W ranch retievers.com i think...

Anyway hope this helps.... :wink:

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='hana'][color=green][/color]
I have always wanted a Rottweiler because I like their personality, but being as I don't weigh very much, I'm considering a chocolate lab. Where can I get information on reputable breeders in Phoenix? I see they may have multiple health problems; what are my risks? Should I opt for picking a dog at a shelter? I also have a backyard with no grass, just gravel/rocks--would this be cruel for my pet? (there is a large community grass area just 2 minute walking distance away). Please help![/quote]

If you are slight in size it won't matter what type of dog you get unless it is trained you will be having control problems. I suggest 1) you plan on the dog being an indoor dog 2) you check out rescues in your area for the breed you really like (try [url]www.petfinder.org[/url]) and 3) that you consider looking at the more mature dogs which may be already nicely leash trained instead of a pup or young boisterous adult.