Dogomania

"Snow Dogs"

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

How sad......I was reading the newspaper at lunch and saw many advertisments selling "Snow Dogs" (you know, the Husky's in the movie). Hopefully this will be SHORT lived.

Guest Anonymous

It's a movie about a guy that inherits some Husky's ....... something like that. Anyway, of course, I am the LAST at work to be the only one that hasn't seen the movie. Everyone says it's funny.

Guest Anonymous

One said, "For Sale: Husky pups, the Snow Dogs, 555-1234".

Another one, "Snow Dog puppies!! 555-1234".

Another one, "Get a Snow Dog puppy, 5551234".

There were several others, I can't remember them all.

Oh......"Red Snow Dog puppies, 555-1234"

Guest Anonymous

Now I am the one laughing out loud!!!!!LOL No they are just Huskies but everyone will buy one (at least they breeders hope so) because of the movie!! :D ROTF!!!

You're so Funny!!

Yet more exploitation then... Some people will stop at nothing to make a fast buck.. God knows what quality of dogs they've got their hands on. I always believed the husky was a relatively healthy breed- look out for 'hereditary' problems appearing in the near future. Gee thanks irresponsible breeders. :(

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='Louis']Yet more exploitation then... Some people will stop at nothing to make a fast buck.. God knows what quality of dogs they've got their hands on. I always believed the husky was a relatively healthy breed- look out for 'hereditary' problems appearing in the near future. Gee thanks irresponsible breeders. :([/quote]

They already had a seriously big rescue problem before the movie :cry:
They expect it to become overwhelming because of the BYB and misguided pet buyers that will abound since the movie came out.
1047 Husky dogs listed on [url]www.petfinder.org[/url] just today :cry: and another 768 listed under the correct breed name of Siberian Husky
of course some of them are probably Malamutes the shelters don't always know the differences between breeds.